Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

18 minutes ago, filmlover said:

One of the best to ever do it. If folks want to see something that isn't Shining, her and Robin Williams absolutely shine in Robert Altman's Popeye. It was basically Barbie before Barbie, and it's glorious.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Eric Onion said:

One of the best to ever do it. If folks want to see something that isn't Shining, her and Robin Williams absolutely shine in Robert Altman's Popeye. It was basically Barbie before Barbie, and it's glorious.

She was unique. Never saw her give a bad performance, even if the film was not very good.

I actually have some quarrels with the way Wendy was portrayed in "The Shining" as opposed to the book ..Wendy was a much stronger charecter in the King novel...but not with Duvall's performance which was good. Iblame the writers for getting the charectre wrong.

7 hours ago, Eric Onion said:

I agree; Popeye was ahead of it's time;audiences when it was released just did not get it.

Altman had his failures but artistically Popeye is not one of them.

1 minute ago, Claire of Themyscira said:

I got Covid...fuck.

@Eric Onion Save me!

Honey, I need to be saved too. I'm doomscrolling right now. I'm terrified about all the people I care about being trapped under Project 2025. On the verge of tears tbh. Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

1 minute ago, Eric Onion said:

Honey, I need to be saved too. I'm doomscrolling right now. I'm terrified about all the people I care about being trapped under Project 2025. On the verge of tears tbh. Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Omg...I was asleep, but I'm seeing all the articles, comments, and tweets...it's bad. We are so doomed, babe.

Save Me, Save You?

6 minutes ago, Eric Onion said:

Things like Project 2025 is why I have disagreed with standard Liberal doctrine when it comes to gun ownership.

I remember you criticsing me for being full of doom and gloom. Now you get why I am scared as hell about ehat might happen.

8 minutes ago, Eric Onion said:

Things like Project 2025 is why I have disagreed with standard Liberal doctrine when it comes to gun ownership.

I remember you criticsing me for being full of doom and gloom. Now you get why I am scared as hell about ehat might happen.

God, Project 2025 is so toxic that Trump just basically disavowed it.

I know you cannot beleive Trump about anything, but it says something about how bad 2025 is that he feels the need to, at least in public, distance himsefl from it.

And Project 2025 is no secret; it has been around for over a couple of years.  Now it is finally getting the attention in the media it should have gotten a long time ago.

Edited by dudalb

Haven't watched this yet but thrilled for Jake G finally landing hits on streaming between this and the Road House remake!

Also:

I hope they don't do any time jump shenanigans and just expect the audience to still buy that these people are teens. It'll have been more than six years since the first season premiered by the time this airs lmao.

Anyone else watched Under the Bridge? Finished it last night. I know that true crime limited shows are the TV equivalent of musician biopics for movies (where a portion of social media lets out a "ugh, another one?!" eye roll whenever a new one appears) but this is one of the better and more nuanced ones I've seen in a while. Strong performances (as expected) from Lily Gladstone, Riley Keough, and Archie Panjabi, but the younger actors are just as great too. Wouldn't mind if it surprises with more Emmy recognition than what it's expected to receive this week.

• Like 1