Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

53 minutes ago, AJG said:

This man Tyrese ain’t gonna be back for Fast 9.

Aparently he beat his daughter so bad she couldn’t sit down. The ex-wife took out a restraining order. The child is 10, that’s old enough to fully communicate what happened. There ain’t no getting around this.

So this man Tyrese decided to fly this over his daughters school:

1024-tyrese-sub-wm-3.jpg

This behaviour is of a man unhinged. Who in their right mind would do this? I was fucking mortified reading all that. The shit’s disturbing.

What the fuck is wrong with him

58 minutes ago, AJG said:

This man Tyrese ain’t gonna be back for Fast 9.

Aparently he beat his daughter so bad she couldn’t sit down. The ex-wife took out a restraining order. The child is 10, that’s old enough to fully communicate what happened. There ain’t no getting around this.

So this man Tyrese decided to fly this over his daughters school:

1024-tyrese-sub-wm-3.jpg

This behaviour is of a man unhinged. Who in their right mind would do this? I was fucking mortified reading all that. The shit’s disturbing.

I think I'm about to barf after reading all of this.

8 hours ago, 75Live said:

looks fine to me.  Ok yeah it being set in the future and all with Godzilla being the overload is a different take, but still look ok to me

It just feels like more of an anime film than a Godzilla film.

Also, I'm just not a fan of the CGI that Polygon utilizes. It looks like a video game.

21 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

Was paranormal activity the last sleeper hit?

Paranormal activity took 50 days to reach 100m, removing the movies that took really a look time to reach 100m just to get the mark, since 2010 movie that took a good while:

Silver Linings Playook: 96 days (132m total with is first weekends above 10m at is week 10 )

King speech: 86 (135m total, first weekend above 10m was is week #8, redid it week 10)

Black Swan: 76 days (106m total, no 10m weekend but a 3 days weekend of 10m week 7)

15 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The Blind Side, Bridesmaids, The Help, Hidden Figures, Get Out.

A lot of those were hits, the very first weekend they got into theater

Blind Side: 34m in 3,110 theater

Get out: 33m in 2,781 theater

Bridesmaids: 26.2m in 2,918 theater

The help: 26m in 2,534 theater

The lowest and only not to open wide directly, Hidden figures went wide at is week #3, 22.8m W

Edited by Barnack

12 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Paranormal activity took 50 days to reach 100m, removing the movies that took really a look time to reach 100m just to get the mark, since 2010 movie that took a good while:

Silver Linings Playook: 96 days (132m total with is weekends above 10m at is week 10 )

King speech: 86 (135m total, first weekend above 10m was is week #8, redid it week 10)

Black Swan: 76 days (106m total, no 10m weekend but a 3 days weekend of 10m week 7)

A lot of those were hits, the very first weekend they got into theater

Blind Side: 34m in 3,110 theater

Get out: 33m in 2,781 theater

Bridesmaids: 26.2m in 2,918 theater

The help: 26m in 2,534 theater

The lowest and only not to open wide directly, Hidden figures went wide at is week #3, 22.8m W

I was waiting for your reply.:D

So, what is your definition of sleeper hit? For me it is a film that does $100m+ purely on WoM. That makes it a little subjective. Let's take get out. I didn't follow it's run. How much was it expected to do 1 month before release? If it was expected to do $60m, is it a sleeper hit?