Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

That’s not to suggest that “Bright” doesn’t stick to the script (this is a Will Smith starring vehicle after all, the most satisfying of its kind since his “Bad Boys” days), though writer Max Landis is something of a pop-culture savant, capable of synthesizing everything from pulp-fiction fantasy to Shane Black action-comedies into a kind of wild and witty blockbuster super-weapon. His writing is familiar in the way that Tarantino movies are familiar (cleverly remixing familiar buddy-cop tropes with its “Alien Nation” premise), and fresh in the way that Tarantino movies are fresh (inventing original set pieces and new twists on old character types), which no doubt explains why Netflix paid so much (reportedly $3.5 million) for this screenplay.

WTKziJv.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Astonished 1

2 hours ago, That One Guy said:

Hopefully not soon so I can enjoy the one nearby theater where I can go to Star Wars 10 minutes before the show starts and get good seats :cloud9: 

With reserved seating you can go to Star Wars after the trailers and get good seats...

20 minutes ago, Lor San Tele said:

Let people get excited about MAMMA MIA 2. Heaven forbid someone stans for a sequel that’s not some big geek franchise. 

Hope you feel the same when Detective Pika2u rolls around

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

What about her? YOU DISSING QUEEN?????

I would never diss her, Han. We are on the same side here. I am just watching it for the first time and wasn't expecting that name for her character :hahaha:

• Haha 1