Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

the mummy is by my estimation still the worst film i saw from 2017. maybe some technically worse but i dunno. ten minutes into that movie i was feeling defeated and it never got any better.

Doesn’t help that the actual mummy is barely in the movie and has ill defined powers and a character arc which makes no sense.

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

the mummy is by my estimation still the worst film i saw from 2017. maybe some technically worse but i dunno. ten minutes into that movie i was feeling defeated and it never got any better.

Yeah, it's the worst movie I saw all last year too (granted I intentionally skipped a lot of the trash). Its total failure to launch the cinematic universe Universal was betting on has to be one of the more entertaining (and deserved) movie failures to come along in a while.

Edited by filmlover
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Doesn’t help that the actual mummy is barely in the movie and has ill defined powers and a character arc which makes no sense.

my kingdom for a gif of jake johnson's "thanks for bringing me back from the dead, dude!" at the end of the movie. the most "absolutely not!" plot development of last year.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

second worst was the circle. saved from my worst of the year spot by the amount of joy i got from watching patton oswalt try to act intimidating. he just crosses his arms like a little boy! that's his threatening stance. even thinking about it right now is cracking me up.

For real. I am SHOCKED they didn't give this more notice. At least Emma Watson can represent the movie with a Worst Actress nomination :hahaha: 

Granted I have some catching up.  But I would put Alien Covenant over Bright as my worst.  It was more a matter of expectation even though I didn’t like Prometheus, I still thought I would get something worthy.  Whereas Bright met my alright low expectations 

• ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

If mother! ends up with a Razzie nomination, it'll be for JLaw (who incidentally is the best part of the movie), though I don't see it happening because there are easier targets/more Razzie-friendly names to go for. 

Jennifer Lawrence and Kate Winslet getting Razzie nominations for films that were once upon a time expected to nab them Oscar noms would be an ironic turn of events. I can see them doing it tbh.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Again? Didn't you just do this a few months ago? :hahaha: 

this is definitely the first time i've done it

BTW guys today was my only day off all break and guess how I wasted it (like severely wasted it)? Here's a hint: it has a ton to do with COCO

• Like 1

alien covenant is like a B-. alien stuff is wack. you know ridley just wanted to make the "hanging out at david's clubhouse getting weird" movie. listened to a recent interview from like a week ago where he pretty much said the david arc is what's keeping him interested in the franchise. which you can see in the movie. all the other stuff meeeeeh.

• Like 2