Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

50 minutes ago, New Year New Panda said:

Rewatching Arrival, I should just rewatch all of Lord Villeneuve’s masterworks.

There are a couple of movies I rewatch every December just because I can (regardless if I rewatched them during the year). Arrival became one of them. Love every second of it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Blade Runner 2049 is 15 minutes longer than ACFW yet feels 15 minutes shorter :thinking: 

A Cure for Wellness feels exactly like a 2 hour and 20 minute movie and I mean that in a good way.  It's a film that's enhanced by how epic in length it is and how well builds upon itself after each scene.  Everything in the movie has its intended effect; it's terrifying, it's somber, it's beautiful, it's intriguing, and it sucks you into its world so far that you're even fine with the somewhat ridiculous payoff it ends up giving you.  I think it's a better film than Get Out btw.  Nothing against Get Out at all, but A Cure for Wellness is everything I want a horror movie to be.

• ...wtf 1

9 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

A Cure for Wellness feels exactly like a 2 hour and 20 minute movie and I mean that in a good way.  It's a film that's enhanced by how epic in length it is and how well builds upon itself after each scene.  Everything in the movie has its intended effect; it's terrifying, it's somber, it's beautiful, it's intriguing, and it sucks you into its world so far that you're even fine with the somewhat ridiculous payoff it ends up giving you.  I think it's a better film than Get Out btw.  Nothing against Get Out at all, but A Cure for Wellness is everything I want a horror movie to be.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

14 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

tumblr_manr4iAFqw1qgvo7ho2_500.gif

1 hour ago, Rorschach said:

I rented Mother! and It Comes at Night. Should make an interesting double feature. Hopefully, they're better than A Cure for Wellness. Shouldn't be too hard I suppose.

Yay, the "we pleased critics but pissed off the general audience with out misleading marketing campaign" marathon. Should be fun. 

56 minutes ago, Kraken said:

There are a couple of movies I rewatch every December just because I can (regardless if I rewatched them during the year). Arrival became one of them. Love every second of it.

I forgot for a bit how brilliant it actually was, the entire way the story of the film is told is pretty genius.  Fantastic screenplay, Amy Adams is phenomenal and gorgeous cinematography.

2 minutes ago, New Year New Panda said:

I just realized 2018 will be the first year since 2013 that Villeneuve won't be blessing us with a film :whosad:

This is going to be a long year.

BUT ON THE BRIGHT SIDE DENIS VILLENEUVE'S NEXT MOVIE IS DUNE!  AND HE MAY ALSO DIRECT BOND 25!

Hail Villeneuve.

• Like 1