Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

All the gravy I've eaten has absolutely no flavor. It's in the same category as pork for me: foods that have no goddamn flavor at all, yet people lose their shit over them

You need to eat some real gravy and well-made pork...I hate jarred gravy or powder base gravy - those are gross.  But a scratch made gravy from the bones of the bird, herbs from the garden, a nice roux...man, you can't beat it:)...

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

maybe they're shite cooks

My mom was horrific - my sister and I took over dinner making when I was 12.  My dad was never happier...

I actually thank my mom for being horrible b/c it led me to hours and hours on food network and reading cookbooks and experimenting...and now I can whip up practically anything in anyone's house recipe free just looking in their fridge and grabbing stuff - works great when the family gets together.

No one asks my mom to make anything now except her potato salad - b/c a 1 lb of bacon makes anything good...

So, WoH, you should take over dinner making and make GOOD food.  Pink is good on all beef products...red is better on some of them...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Because I like to cook.  They could cook for me if I want them to, and they do if I’m too tired to.  I just like doing it :lol: 

Good for you:)...I let my daughters make lunch on weekends for the family b/c they, too, like to cook and it's a life skill that is priceless:)...I keep dinners b/c well, they haven't quite caught up to my skills yet (nor do they have a great ability to economize or improvise or plan ahead:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

Just now, filmlover said:

More likely he just won't do any publicity for it.

Providing this gains traction (which is highly likely), he's gonna get removed from all of the marketing. Hell, they could just recut the first trailer and remove the last 20 seconds or so.

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I just read the Wikipedia summary of the plot to Suburbicon.

Image result for wtf drake face

I'm amazed it got a D- and not the full-on F from CinemaScore.

But it’s actually a good movie.  The racial commentary subplot isn’t very good but the rest of the movie is solid and fun and enjoyable.

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Providing this gains traction (which is highly likely), he's gonna get removed from all of the marketing. Hell, they could just recut the first trailer and remove the last 20 seconds or so.

Spacey has been very very fiercely private and almost never answered any questions about his private life ever. This is definitely going to gain traction in a big way in part due to that, and partly because it confirms a lot of Hollywood open secrets.

• Like 2