Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

i'm impressed james corden managed to rebrand himself as british jimmy fallon when he moved over there. since he was generally considered such a tremendous twat by everyone when we had to put up with him. feels like he kinda flopped out of the country. now at worst what am i seeing, my mum sharing a carpool karaoke on facebook occasionally.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

same thing with russell brand feels like he started getting traction in america like the moment we were all getting sick of him. now he just rants about marxism on youtube or whatever.

I feel like that flop Arthur remake (which weirdly is also the only time anyone gave Greta Gerwig a lead role in a mainstream project to date) pretty much killed his film career.

11 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

same thing with russell brand feels like he started getting traction in america like the moment we were all getting sick of him. now he just rants about marxism on youtube or whatever.

They also both played CGI rabbits. COINCIDENCE? 

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I feel like that flop Arthur remake (which weirdly is also the only time anyone gave Greta Gerwig a lead role in a mainstream project to date) pretty much killed his film career.

maybe it scared her off mainstream projects.

Also remember that greta gerwig was the lead of the HOW I MET YOUR DAD pilot that never got picked up. imagine how differently things would be going if she was still stuck on that show.

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

maybe it scared her off mainstream projects.

Also remember that greta gerwig was the lead of the HOW I MET YOUR DAD pilot that never got picked up. imagine how differently things would be going if she was still stuck on that show.

And there was so much buzz for it at the time too! It was like CBS suddenly decided "uhh, maybe not" after that horribly-received finale to How I Met Your Mother aired.