Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

So, I was wondering, the brother of the great actress Maggie Gyllenhaal, is he considered to be good at the acting thing ?

In the trailer of Stronger, there was this guy who looked like him that tried to act in those awful "I am crying, I am getting mad at the world, I carry the weight of the world on my shoulders" scenes and by now the obligatory (probably in his contracts at this point, if it s not there, he won't do your movie) : "I am screaming at myself while popping a blood vessel in front of a mirror because life is so so hard" scene.

He loves making stupid faces too but I d hardly consider it "acting".

He shoud have stuck to play Princes.

At least he is more lively than sad puppy Casey Affleck.

Hollywood used to be more selective and picky when they choose their actors.

Thank God we have Young Guns & Bros Ansel and Timothée to show what acting is all about.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blank Panther said:

there was honestly a point of darkest hour where i was wondering if it was better to be dead than watching the film; i'm serious, and I usually don't go super dark when i'm watching a movie lol

First a rape joke, now this gem. You're just full of gifts today.

• ...wtf 1

Just now, The Futurist said:

So, I was wondering, the brother of the great actress Maggie Gyllenhaal, is he considered to be good at the acting thing ?

In the trailer of Stronger, there was this guy who looked like him that tried to act in those awful "I am crying, I am getting mad at the world, I carry the weight of the world on my shoulders" scenes and by now the obligatory (probably in his conatracts at this point, if it s not there, he won't do your movie) : "I am screaming at myself while popping a blood vessel in front of a mirror because life is so so hard" scene.

He loves making stupid faces too but I d hardly consider it "acting".

At least he is more lively than sad puppy Casey Affleck.

Hollywood used to be more selective and picky when they choose their actors.

Thank God we have Young Guns & Bros Ansel and Timothée to show what acting is all about.

This is the most The Futurist post to ever The Futurist.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrGamer said:

Everybody's gotta stop changing their names around. 

Amen:)...when the name and avatar get swapped, I'm like "who the heck is that again?"  I mean, I'm sure I could figure it out if I took hours, but I'd rather be talking movies and box office than who's who:)...

I mean, at least keep most of your name when you swap:)...or have it in parentheses like (The box office poster formerly known as...)

1 minute ago, MrGamer said:

I thought you were Tree. You both had shitty takes today. Couldn't tell you apart. 

Really don't think me saying Darkest Hour was boring and the exact opposite I needed after a really rough day is the equivalent of a rape joke but ok *thumbs up*

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

Amen:)...when the name and avatar get swapped, I'm like "who the heck is that again?"  I mean, I'm sure I could figure it out if I took hours, but I'd rather be talking movies and box office than who's who:)...

I mean, at least keep most of your name when you swap:)...or have it in parentheses like (The box office poster formerly known as...)

I do do that though (and agree with your sentiment.) I always make sure BLANK is visible in my name when I get hyped for a movie

• Like 1