Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

I liked Borders better (due in no small part to the fact that there was one in my hometown), but seeing brick-and-mortar bookstores go sucks. Luckily, there's still a really good independent bookstore in town that continues to do steady business.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

I liked Borders better (due in no small part to the fact that there was one in my hometown), but seeing brick-and-mortar bookstores go sucks. Luckily, there's still a really good independent bookstore in town that continues to do steady business.

Borders was great. I loved Borders. :( 

• Like 1

Yeah with Borders being gone and now possibly Barnes and Noble,  that would stink.  I remember ehen then were 2 book stores in any mall, now it may just be Books a Million and nothing else sadly

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I went there all the time when I was young.  They replaced the Borders here with...a golf store :kitschjob: 

lmao apparently said golf store was closed and replaced again.  that's now the cursed spot to open a business.

Edited by That One Guy

2 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Are there any bookstore chains left? Those were the only two that I grew up around, and I think the only things left near me is a small, independent one.

Books a Million is still kicking it (there's one at my mall, though who's to say how much longer it'll be open)

4 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Are there any bookstore chains left? Those were the only two that I grew up around, and I think the only things left near me is a small, independent one.

We have Books A Million.

This made me realize I miss B. Dalton and Waldenbooks, even if the latter was like walking into a warehouse in every store.

3 minutes ago, Telehilation said:

My local Borders got replaced with a crappy TJ Maxx and my local B&N got replaced with a CVS. Cuz that's what we needed... another CVS. 

There was a Barnes and Noble next to the movie theater here that got closed recently.  They haven't replaced it yet.  Used to be just a 10 minute drive to get there but now it's a 30 minute drive for the nearest one.

edit: there's apparently one that's only 15 minutes away, although it'll probably be closed soon anyway :whosad: 

Edited by That One Guy

2 minutes ago, Telehilation said:

My local Borders got replaced with a crappy TJ Maxx and my local B&N got replaced with a CVS. Cuz that's what we needed... another CVS. 

You can never have enough CVS stores! There's like 6 between in a 15 mile radius of where I live lmao.