Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

7 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Cape Fear pretty much rules. Really fun DeNiro performance.

Yeah I thought it was pretty good. Same sentiments about his performance.

Shameless plug: 

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Watched both The 400 Blows and The Graduate for the first time today. Today was a good movie day.

Both are really bracingly modern in their technique and energy, you can clearly see the DNA/spirit of The 400 Blows in something as recent as The Florida Project, and Nichols' direction of The Graduate is amazingly inventive and witty without ever crossing the line into overbearing. Although I have to say I got detached from the story in a big way when it shifted from Ben's affair with Mrs. Robinson to his single-minded pursuit of Elaine. Even allowing for him being a doofus with severely misguided judgment that part felt pretty rushed and near-impossible to relate to. Not that I can relate to having an affair with an older woman, either, but that was a much more fascinating dynamic. 

I fully agree with that Graduate take. The Mrs. Robinson affair was so much more interesting and fascinating than the Elaine stuff

• Like 1

So I'm doing a project for my film class where I have to watch 5 movies from the AFI Top 100 list and give individual reviews on all of them. I am planning on starting that project tonight and I need your guy's opinion on this.

-Amadeus 

-Apocalypse Now

-Citizen Kane

-Close Encounters of the Third Kind

-Psycho

Which one do I watch first? (I haven't seen any of these films)

3 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

So I'm doing a project for my film class where I have to watch 5 movies from the AFI Top 100 list and give individual reviews on all of them. I am planning on starting that project tonight and I need your guy's opinion on this.

-Amadeus 

-Apocalypse Now

-Citizen Kane

-Close Encounters of the Third Kind

-Psycho

Which one do I watch first? (I haven't seen any of these films)

Close Encounters

42 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Cape Fear pretty much rules. Really fun DeNiro performance.

Really fun movie.  Juliette Lewis is MVP for me. 

19 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Good Time? More like good movie

The first half is GREAT.  Second half is just good but still, I liked it a lot. 

37 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Make America Date Again. @WrathOfHan should give this a try

I may or may not have just made a catfish account with a bio stating “Just hopped the border wall a few years ago to vote for Hillary 50 times, looking for some juicy gay love”.

Edited by The Mad Panda