Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

13 minutes ago, Morieris said:

If you were to ask me, "What Blu Rays do you have in your movie collection?", the only ones I could say with any kind of certainty are Fury Road and The Sorcerer's Apprentice.

I can't tell you the last bluray I bought. Maybe Gravity. I can tell you though the last cd I bought was like Now 21 or some shit. Streaming is just too easy with both movies and music. I don't rewatch movies like that. It was different as a kid, but now most movies I never watch more than twice so they just collect dust. A lot of today's comedies don't hold up well when you're watching by yourself.

Just now, Jandrew said:

I can't tell you the last bluray I bought. Maybe Gravity. I can tell you though the last cd I bought was like Now 21 or some shit. Streaming is just too easy with both movies and music. I don't rewatch movies like that. It was different as a kid, but now most movies I never watch more than twice so they just collect dust. A lot of today's comedies don't hold up well when you're watching by yourself.

<--------------------

Good thing there's one that does! 

3 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

Yeah, and so many laptops don't have disc drives, which is my preferred method of watching. It's a lot easier to just get a digital version, especially if you have the storage, and they're a bit cheaper than a physical disc.

Enough of this physical vs digital stuff. Until digital can get Blu-Ray quality video and audio, physical will reign supreme.

2 minutes ago, Telehilation said:

Is that what you kids call it these days? “Watching” a “comedy”?

Should I be doing something else  while watching Edge of Seventeen?

7 minutes ago, Morieris said:

Yeah, and so many laptops don't have disc drives, which is my preferred method of watching. It's a lot easier to just get a digital version, especially if you have the storage, and they're a bit cheaper than a physical disc.

I mean I dont even buy digital either. Just don't feel like paying $20 for something that'll collect dust, even digital dust. The archival method of Netflix, Hulu, Spotify, etc, I love it. On demand is great.