Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Enough of this physical vs digital stuff. Until digital can get Blu-Ray quality video and audio, physical will reign supreme.

It is a really strange debate, a bit like spaghetti vs pizza almost, so much a pure question of preference is someone do not mind a 25 MBs files vs a 40MBs files level of quality for what they find added convenience (of for example not having to put the disk and experience ads and loading).

Has long as bluray quality is not that much above and are slow, even the experience itself is debatable, let alone when you take into account the buying, keeping them, place they take, etc....

I haven't gotten a Blu-Ray since December. That has been some good abstinence on my part, but the next few weeks are crazy:

Coco

Three Billboards

Lady Bird

Ragnarok

Shape of Water

Jumanji

The Last Jedi

THEN Phantom Thread and The Greatest Showman come out after a week break.

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I haven't gotten a Blu-Ray since December. That has been some good abstinence on my part, but the next few weeks are crazy:

Coco

Three Billboards

Lady Bird

Ragnarok

Shape of Water

Jumanji

The Last Jedi

But really...how many times do you typically rewatch these movies? Even if all you do is watch movies, there's still only so much time in the day. You're telling me you're going to buy all these movies, and they're not gonna collect dust. I'd be willing to bet you have blurays you still haven't watched yet, yes?

I know some people just like to collect, that's fine, but how do you seriously fit all these movies in and keep repeating.

Just now, Jandrew said:

But really...how many times do you typically rewatch these movies? Even if all you do is watch movies, there's still only so much time in the day. You're telling me you're going to buy all these movies, and they're not gonna collect dust. I'd be willing to bet you have blurays you still haven't watched yet, yes?

I know some people just like to collect, that's fine, but how do you seriously fit all these movies in and keep repeating.

I rewatch stuff semi-often and like having a collection. It's pretty much the only hobby I have, and when you get movies cheap, blind buying is fun. I liken sub-$10 buys as better rentals. 

24 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Coco

Three Billboards

Lady Bird

Ragnarok

Shape of Water

Jumanji

The Last Jedi

giphy.gif

I mean, maybe two of those are worth buying. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jandrew said:

i've seen Coco six times in theaters; so I'm definitely picking it up because I can honestly see me fitting in another six times by April lol

• Like 1