DeeCee

The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power | Amazon | September 2, 2022

2 hours ago, Hatebox said:

Go on then, if I thought the first season was a flaming dumpster is there anything to enjoy this time around? The show’s Reddit is a circkejerk just like it was last time so that’s no help. 

If you didn't like the first season, I don't think there's anything in these first three episodes of season 2 that's likely to change your mind. It all still looks really expensive, so that's nice I suppose, but it's often glacially paced and the plot too often requires characters to make dumb decisions to keep the plot moving. The stuff in Lindon and Numenor are particularly a chore to sit through. The dwarves are kind of fun though. 

2 hours ago, John Marston said:

Viewership looking like a solid drop off from Season 1

https://deadline.com/2024/09/lord-of-the-rings-rings-of-power-season-2-premiere-viewership-samba-1236077869/

cannot see this getting the full five seasons. I think they will do one more season to wrap everything up 

Conceptually I buy it but Samba's been significantly off in the past (e.g. Mando S3). This is the rare time I suspect I'm going to search out luminate's data to see how it matches up. 

On 9/4/2024 at 8:31 AM, Hatebox said:

Go on then, if I thought the first season was a flaming dumpster is there anything to enjoy this time around? The show’s Reddit is a circkejerk just like it was last time so that’s no help. 

It's truly beautiful to watch this abomination crash and burn. Next time respecting the source material should be the #1 priority

On 9/5/2024 at 8:23 PM, Belakor said:

It's truly beautiful to watch this abomination crash and burn. Next time respecting the source material should be the #1 priority

Try it again when they have the rights to the Sillmaralion, so they tell the story of the Second Age the way Tolkien told it.

And now e have world Warners want to blow up the Hunt for Gollum movie to two movies.

Tele will get this if nobody else does, but I want to apologize for poking fun at the purists on the One Ring website back in 2001 when they predicted what would happen. They were right about seeing the works to Tolkine reduced to just another pop franchsie.

be honest a lot of these new tv shows suffer from the main issue of ignoring the story focus on visuals and characters morality to be good or strictly evil. 

I watched a show called Vikings and every character on that show acts bad and good and they dont shy away at all from showing how the Viking era was like.  

Even though main characters did horrible things the show got you invested in the characters. 

Variety and Hollywood Reporter confirms the ratings have sunk compared to Season 1

'Rings of Power' Drops, 'Perfect Couple' Leads Luminate Ratings (variety.com)

'The Rings of Power' Season 2 Ratings Are High, Yet Down (hollywoodreporter.com)

And they think they can keep this going for three more seasons until 2030 or so? This show is basically just Amazon burning money.