Impact

2012-Best Actress thread!

What is that?

it's the story about a drug addict who goes for a job interview in oslo and it follows basically one day in his life as he reconnects with his past. It's quite amazing. Not very long too about 95 minutes.

I thought Vikander was the worst thing about A Royal Affair. Boring as fuck, and she might as well be a piece of furniture when Mikkelsen and/or Mikkel Forsgaard (aka the best thing about A Royal Affair, an amazing debut performance) are in the room. She's more alive in Anna Karenina though, and that film is much less concerned with its characters and actors than A Royal Affair is.

Good-to-Great, but nothing surpasses Jessica Chastain for me this year. The end of Zero Dark Thirty and the haunting reality about Maya's pursuit being over for Osama Bin Laden, hence leading to her breaking down in tears was just incredible. I had an actual physiological reaction to it.

I also think Riva has a shot to win it especially that Amour got Best Picture and Best Director nominations. Anyway, I'm very happy Quvenzhane Wallis got a nomination! No shot for winning at all but glad she got the nod ;) I hope she'll have a great career ahead of her. So much potential :)

• Like 1

Words can’t express how truly grateful and happy I feel to have been honored by the Hollywood Foreign Press at last nights Golden Globes ceremony. I want to thank each and every one of you for your constant support, positivity, and very kind words of encouragement – I could not have done this without you guys! I apologize that it’s taking me so long to respond to everyone’s post on my wall, but please know that I do plan on responding and I will try my best to do so as soon as possible. Thank you for believing in me, much love to you all xxjes

What Chastain wrote on her fb page. She is making it hard to only root for Lawrence.

I have never liked Chastain for some reason. I though she was the most over-rated person in The Help ensemble as well.BTW, Riva may not have been nominated for GG but the audience gave a spontaneous applause when Haneke mentioned his two leads so she had some support in the room.

• Like 1