Fake

The Amazing Spider-Man OS Thread (413M)

The Amazing Spider-Man ensnared global audiences on 18,400 screens in a total of 74 markets as a muscular second wave through Sony Pictures Releasing International boosted the early running total to $201.6m. The superhero reboot grossed $10m from 137 international IMAX screens through Sunday (8).

I disagree with underperforming tag. It looks like beating SM3 OS with china. Obviously europe numbers aren't great. But with dollar being so strong plus bad economic conditions on top of this being a reboot(which is a factor in developed markets), its not a bad number at all.Neither is IA4 underperforming. Anything above 600M OS is good and it will get there for sure.

Yeah, we need to remember Ice Age 4 is underperforming too because of Europe.

I want to see which countries it underperformed in. I guess UK and Russia or any Asian country is not a culprit right?

We know it underperformed in Italy (-50% compared to SM3 in 2007) and it probably underperformed in Spain.

We will have better idea about where it is headed after next weekend. A sub-50% drop and it will be back on track for 600M+ OS.

From Bluebomb about TASM in Hong Kong :

In a remarkable turnaround, Amazing Spider-Man is looking to post an incredible 2nd weekend drop of just 25%! That drop is without any holidays although Thursday has been added onto this weekend's gross. Even with the Monday holiday included into the OW, TASM would have only fallen 42.6% in its 2nd weekend! Incredible number for TASM and 8m is locked.

And in South Korea the drop is small, apparently TASM had 1 million admissions more this weekend.In Germany the drop will be between -5% and -10%.I think we're on the right track for this.My guess is some people aren't very excited to see a reboot but the strong WOM convinces many of them to go watch it anyway, so it has good holds.