Fake

The Amazing Spider-Man OS Thread (413M)

Sure, like Ray Subers at BOM with his $850m prediction for TDKR. Then again, a lot of us here were giving him shit for that one. :lol:

I am pretty sure everyone agreed Ray was on drugs when he write that.
  • Like 1

Sure, like Ray Subers at BOM with his $850m prediction for TDKR. Then again, a lot of us here were giving him shit for that one. :lol:

I think it's fair to say from Subers tweets that once he watched the film, he threw his prediction out of the window. Dude clearly didn't like TDKR as much as he expected it too.

I think it's fair to say from Subers tweets that once he watched the film, he threw his prediction out of the window. Dude clearly didn't like TDKR as much as he expected it too.

I honestly thought they'd fired him when he didn't write any articles for awhile. His prediction articles (both domestic and overseas) for TDKR were worthy of firing, not to mention his general lack of understanding about the box office compared to his predecessor Brandon Gray.
  • Like 2

His point was he thinks it makes around $530m without China, compared to Fake's prediction of $575m.

Yup, pretty much. China will define who comes on top. I'm betting TDKR, but how much is clearly close to me. $50m-$100m more from TDKR is a victory for a reboot that many claimed that it was too soon.

Isn't Jack missing the important point. After its 4th weekend its gross were similar but it made just 28M weekend. TDKR is making 67M. Olympics this time has been depressing markets. I am sure Boxoffice will pick up big time after next weekend. European markets are very leggy and in some markets post summer BO is better than summer. For some reason they dont want to go to multiplex if the weather is warm.

Isn't Jack missing the important point. After its 4th weekend its gross were similar but it made just 28M weekend. TDKR is making 67M. Olympics this time has been depressing markets. I am sure Boxoffice will pick up big time after next weekend. European markets are very leggy and in some markets post summer BO is better than summer. For some reason they dont want to go to multiplex if the weather is warm.

I don't think I'm missing the big picture. TASM was released in India and a few minor markets in the weekend before July 3rd, which was a Tuesday. It made $51m out of these markets in that weekend, which levels out TASM making less than TDKR in its third weekend IMHO. I feel that TDKR is enjoying some stunning OS numbers, but they are declining in a similar fashion to TASM, which is nothing short than amazing, since both are among the biggest blockbusters this year. And that was my point all along this afternoon. I'm by no means the same kind of loonie that JackO is, I don't like TDKR but I understand others do, and that for a third film in a trilogy, having more people liking it than it doesn't that's quite an accomplishment. I don't mean to say that TDKR's run in the foreign markets are bad, my point is to prove that TASM's box office run is as much impressive than TDKR is, especially because it's a reboot. Also, I repeat: TA skewed everyone's expectations. Not even TA enjoyed much more than $800m OS, movies that are able to cross $500m in the foreign markets are behaving like blockbusters IMHO. With that said, all results are good for the genre. TA will push Warner to try harder and make Disney and Marvel try the impossible and outmatch themselves. TASM will help the studios understand that once you have a passionate and clear vision of this characters, a reboot is not only necessary, but welcomed by the general audience. TDKR proves that giving the director liberty to accomplish their vision pays off, and while you can't please everyone, it's still pleasing most of the fans, which is something not a single CBM did in the past. We all won. It's loonies like JackO that make it harder to celebrate.

I don't think I'm missing the big picture. TASM was released in India and a few minor markets in the weekend before July 3rd, which was a Tuesday. It made $51m out of these markets in that weekend, which levels out TASM making less than TDKR in its third weekend IMHO. I feel that TDKR is enjoying some stunning OS numbers, but they are declining in a similar fashion to TASM, which is nothing short than amazing, since both are among the biggest blockbusters this year.And that was my point all along this afternoon. I'm by no means the same kind of loonie that JackO is, I don't like TDKR but I understand others do, and that for a third film in a trilogy, having more people liking it than it doesn't that's quite an accomplishment.I don't mean to say that TDKR's run in the foreign markets are bad, my point is to prove that TASM's box office run is as much impressive than TDKR is, especially because it's a reboot. Also, I repeat: TA skewed everyone's expectations. Not even TA enjoyed much more than $800m OS, movies that are able to cross $500m in the foreign markets are behaving like blockbusters IMHO.With that said, all results are good for the genre. TA will push Warner to try harder and make Disney and Marvel try the impossible and outmatch themselves. TASM will help the studios understand that once you have a passionate and clear vision of this characters, a reboot is not only necessary, but welcomed by the general audience. TDKR proves that giving the director liberty to accomplish their vision pays off, and while you can't please everyone, it's still pleasing most of the fans, which is something not a single CBM did in the past. We all won. It's loonies like JackO that make it harder to celebrate.

Completely agree. Hopefully the studios learn some lessons and don't get too cynical on us. After the debacle with BF and B&R, I can never really trust WB to get it right. And I hope Marvel ponies up the cash instead of playing their stupid lowball tactics on Whedon. Hopefully Sony is not stupid enough to let Webb leave either.
  • Like 1

Completely agree. Hopefully the studios learn some lessons and don't get too cynical on us. After the debacle with BF and B&R, I can never really trust WB to get it right. And I hope Marvel ponies up the cash instead of playing their stupid lowball tactics on Whedon. Hopefully Sony is not stupid enough to let Webb leave either.

What worries me right now among the three studios: Joss Whedon NEEDS to come back, Marc Webb NEEDS to come back and while I don't think that a BF B&R scenario will ever happen again, I'm tad worried how Warner will treat the Joker, with Ledger's performance and the shooting in context. Joker very much like Batman is above an actor's take and a fucking psychopath, I don't want them to forget about using him for too long, and most of all, tame him. With that said, I have high hopes for MoS and I'm hoping that fillm will set the tone for the DC Movieverse as we move along. Batman reboot won't be able to be any less serious than that film, they will have to build the universe around Supes and that can be an awesome idea. A Batman that exists in a world where Superman and Wonder Woman also exist is a more fascinating idea than him alone at this point of the game. Next year will be hopefully another brilliant year for comic book-based films. Edited by Chris O Donnell

I'm not too concerned about the Joker. I want them to fix the Mr. Freeze situation. We all laugh about it, but it really is an embarrassment and a huge letdown for anyone who watched the Animated Series version of the character just a few years earlier than B&R.

Aren't we all salivating for detective Batman? Who better than the Riddler as a villain for the villain's reboot r a sequel of that? I fucking love what they did with the Riddler in the Hush saga. I know it's a bad example for a Batman story and Hush is a guilty pleasure of mine, but I feel the Riddler is seriously underrated.