TigerPaw

Monday (27 Nov) - JL $2.1m - Down 76%, Coco 2.3M - Down 84%

40 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

There is no best case scenario. Under $250M is horrible. It doesn't matter if it's $247M or $230M. They're both a horrible end result.

Well yes, I was obviously talking relatively to is terrible OW and the franchise usual ratio.

Beauty and the Beast was a cash grab that I'm glad I passed on.

Disney's been putting out crap for years though. Maleficient, Alice in Wonderland, Cinderella etc.

And please, let's not pretend we all do not already know what the term "cash grab" means.

Sometimes, the story is a motivator to get it made as opposed to more money. But, you already knew that.

Anyway, The Force Awakens was a pretty pathetic effort, but that got everyone excited. Hope the next installment does it for you, but I will sit it out.

1 hour ago, BK007 said:

Beauty and the Beast was a cash grab that I'm glad I passed on.

Disney's been putting out crap for years though. Maleficient, Alice in Wonderland, Cinderella etc.

And please, let's not pretend we all do not already know what the term "cash grab" means.

Sometimes, the story is a motivator to get it made as opposed to more money. But, you already knew that.

Anyway, The Force Awakens was a pretty pathetic effort, but that got everyone excited. Hope the next installment does it for you, but I will sit it out.

Dude. You were the one predicting a mere $200M DOM for BATB. Now you’re being pissed that it overperformed way more than you wanted it to make? 🙄

Don’t you think you should admit once that your predictions mostly fail when it comes to blockbusters? Finding Dory under $280M and now....this?

And do not gove me that ”Every cash-grab movie has and always will suck no matter what”.

The thing more pathetic than your lowballed predictions, is your lack of care towards these movies. Hence why you wanted them to underperform in the first place.

What do you have to say for your defense, BK007?  😠

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The drops are largely in expected ranges.

I expect the Tuesday rises to be a little higher than last year since they seem to get larger every year, and some fonts will overreact to that. Then the Wednesday falls will likely be higher causing the opposite overreaction.

Assuming past year's don't change too much I would expect the drops for Coco the next 3 weekends to be around 50%, 35%, 30%

JL should be looking at 60%, 40%, 50%.

I think JL's late legs will be worse than FB's and possibly MJ since it will have to contend with TLJ. That is likely to cut off some of its potential. Still think 235-240. Coco if it ends up having really strong legs to end up with a higher gross than JL when all is said and done.

I'm thinking JL is at around 213-215 the Wednesday before TLJ comes out and then makes about 10-11% more after that. That would put it around 236.

• Like 2