TigerPaw

Monday (27 Nov) - JL $2.1m - Down 76%, Coco 2.3M - Down 84%

According to Forbes

Justice League earned just $2.1 million on its second Monday, a drop of 76% from Sunday and a drop of 72% from last Monday. That’s a steep drop, albeit right in line with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part I, and a pretty weak “day 11” gross for a movie as “big” as Justice League. The film has now earned $174.004m domestic, or about what Iron Man 3 and Beauty and the Beast made in their respective opening weekends.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/11/28/the-one-upside-to-justice-leagues-box-office-failure/#24f779481b12

• Like 6

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2017/11/27/how-2017-became-the-greatest-year-for-superhero-movies-of-all-time/#6e5d1a2b13e6

How 2017 Became The Greatest Year For Superhero Movies Of All Time

The six superhero movies that hit theaters this year were Logan, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Wonder Woman, Spider-Man: Homecoming, Thor: Ragnarok, and Justice League. So we got an end of an era with the final Wolverine story for Hugh Jackman; the first female-led superhero movie; the first solo Spidey flick to costar another Marvel superhero; and the first live-action team-up of DC's Justice League characters.

I think 2016 was a more successful year, 2017's end note wasn't as good as it supposed to be

3 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

According to Forbes

Justice League earned just $2.1 million on its second Monday, a drop of 76% from Sunday and a drop of 72% from last Monday. That’s a steep drop, albeit right in line with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part I, and a pretty weak “day 11” gross for a movie as “big” as Justice League. The film has now earned $174.004m domestic, or about what Iron Man 3 and Beauty and the Beast made in their respective opening weekends.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/11/28/the-one-upside-to-justice-leagues-box-office-failure/#24f779481b12

I dont read that much from Mendelson but does he HAS to mention Trump in that article? I know, this is not the politics thread, but it seems strange to me. Guy should just focus on the numbers. 

• Like 4

Just now, MrPink said:

It also had a 2.16 million Monday despite opening 20 million less OW. It's already caught up

Actually, it was running ahead of JL after the first weekend. JL would have caught up to it in dailies if this number is accurate. If JL matches it for reminder of its run, it will make about 240. This is about the drop that I expected for JL on Monday. Most movies will probably drop in the 70+ range. 

It's an ok number for what it is. Nothing more or less just ok. Everyone will try and spin the Monday drops this week but it really is business as usual, particularly with films that do attract families with kids. 

Will be interesting to see how Coco faired. 

• Like 2