DeeCee

Episode IV:A NEW MOUSE | DISNEY | IT IS DONE

11 hours ago, Barnack said:

There is around 220 R-rated movie released a year in a 80b a year industry, is a particular movie in a particular year really relevant to the conversation ?

See?   That's what's killing "jobs".    All those R rated movies with lower budgets?   Think of all those CGI artists who can't get work because the studios are too cheap to shell out for the more expensive PG-13 stuff!

And the children!   Think of the children!    All those cool movies they can't watch!   Won't someone think of the poor children who are longing to see a Deadpool movie but are being stopped at the door by the heartless Fox studio?

But you guys don't care about "jobs" and the "children" because you just want your stabby bloody splattered brain shots wedged between scenes filled with expletive filled dialog about having sex with a duck-billed platypus. 

What is the world coming to?

• Haha 1

Oh....can I get on the "doom" bandwagon too?

This thing about the Murdoch spawn getting a fast track to running the Disney studio is pretty scary.   That better not be remotely true.

Someone posted a while back that we might look back on this as the point where the Murdoch clan took over Disney.

And then there is that Feige's contract with Marvel is up next year?    He could be gone.

So instead of the X-men and FF being fixed by Marvel...could this be when the Marvel universe starts being run like Fox ran the X-men and FF?

Oh hell....

• ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

Honestly if you support his, you're straight up breaking my heart. I wrote a 4 paragpragh long thing I cant post and wont even get into.

Ive never ever been this angry before on the forums. Most of you guys make me sad. 

George Lucas was right!!! This is how Liberty dies! To Thunderous Applause. 

Edited by Jay Hollywood
  • Like 6

Meh, there's no use crying over spilled milk. Whether we like it or not, Fox was set to be sold.

If this means less indie movies, less R-rated movies, and less diversity in movies, than the rule of competition will set in and one or more studio(s) will take the opportunity to fill in this gap.

Edited by McNerdy
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Harpospoke said:

See?   That's what's killing "jobs".    All those R rated movies with lower budgets?   Think of all those CGI artists who can't get work because the studios are too cheap to shell out for the more expensive PG-13 stuff!

There’s always animation studios in need of help. Less creativity is bad.

8 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Uh, why? Why does Disney's success make you happy?

Because I love their animated movies, what else? They bring us a magic you don't see from other studios. Plus, I love comics starring Scrooge McDuck, Donald and Mickey.

So of course I want them to be successful and strong :)

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

There’s always animation studios in need of help. Less creativity is bad.

Not enough though!    Every R rated movie that is made takes food off the table of some family in the movie business.

They need to be stopped.   It's an outrage.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Because I love their animated movies, what else? They bring us a magic you don't see from other studios. Plus, I love comics starring Scrooge McDuck, Donald and Mickey.

So of course I want them to be successful and strong :)

It makes me happy too. If it didn't, then it wouldn't be any fun following the box office.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Harpospoke said:

Not enough though!    Every R rated movie that is made takes food off the table of some family in the movie business.

They need to be stopped.   It's an outrage.

There’s a lot of animation studios. You can stop being butthurt about people not liking the deal.

56 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Not sure what that has to do with anything, how would you get more Disney animated movie or less after that transaction ?

1 hour ago, Harpospoke said:

You understand that the "issue" people has is Disney going from around 40 to 50 movies a year model to one around 10 movie a year.

If they were doing/distributing those 10 same giant movie a year + 40 others, what anyone except Disney stock holder would loose exactly, what could possibly anyone issue with someone wishing for more studio movies out there instead of less ?

What jobs loss do you have in mind ? It is not about what they are doing but about what they are not doing and the scaring idea is that the complete industry will follow that model (Fox first after the deal), and we will end up with 500 less than 1 million budget movie and 40 to 50 giants one (that need to appeal to a small common denominator to work) with nothing in the middle.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

That's gonna be exciting.

When Disney is happy and growing I'm happy and smiling :D:shades:

You really don't get people's concerns about the deal?

There is a lot of "Disney is EVIL" crap in this thread, and now we get some mindless Disney worship. But then, this website often does not much in the way of balanced opinion.