That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

29 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Anyways, I had a fun conversation with my mom about Black Panther in the car:

Me: "I really regret not getting IMAX tickets for the new Marvel movie this weekend."

Mom: "The black one?"

Me: "Yeah, Black Panther."

Mom: "Have you seen the people going to that? I haven't seen a single white person lined up on the news for it."

Me: ".......Uh, only 40% of the audience is black, mom."

Mom: "Only 40%? It doesn't look it! I don't get why the news is making such a big deal about this movie; yes, they're black, we get it!"

Me: "You need to realize that this is the first major movie with a mostly black cast that isn't a comedy, about crime, or white guilt."

giphy.gif

“The black one.” You really need to sit your MAGA parents down and book a trip to the DC AA museum.

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

01. The Force Awakens - 248

02. The Last Jedi - 220

03. Jurassic World - 208

04. The Avengers - 207

05. Age Of Ultron - 191

06. Black Panther - 185+

07. Civil War - 179

08. Beauty And The Beast - 174

09. Iron Man 3 - 174

10. Deathly Hallows Part 2 - 169

8 of these films have a common thread. Can you guess what that common thread is? :ohmygod:  #AllHailOurOverlords

usXmhyyf_o.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, Telehilation said:

You also said BP would have an 84m Saturday. Surely you want to do a bit of research before making predictions? 

Yeah cause I overpredicted BP's Friday.  I thought it'd have legs more akin to Deadpool, but clearly it was more frontloaded than I was expecting

5 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

You guys can bookmark the prediction and mock me all you want if it's wrong.  But I stand by it :) 

I mean, Deathly Hallows Part 2 dropped 72% 2nd weekend and it still went over 2x its OW. BVS would have also gotten a 2x if it was released in the Summer season, rather than on late March.

Deadpool 2 just two weeks later is a scary prospect, sure, but then Solo double features (for what they're worth) + 4-day Memorial Day weekend soften that up.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

29 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

IW is more a global brand and will become the biggest comic book movie ever overseas.

I find it bit laughable that people think it has any chance of actually underperforming  when there is no indication it will apart from wishcasting. 

Honestly the amount of bullshit we have to read in every thread about IW is astounding. Even in the black panther thread, where the normal thing would be to associate black panther’s  success with the BO potential of IW(and no this isn’t a WW/JL situation) we have to endure the concern trolling about IW. It’s easy to see why IW rubs so many people in the wrong way but things will only get worse after it opens and starts smashing records.

• Like 2

Just now, That One Guy said:

Yeah cause I overpredicted BP's Friday.  I thought it'd have legs more akin to Deadpool, but clearly it was more frontloaded than I was expecting

It doesn't have anything to do with legs, you just didn't calculate the preview/Friday breakdown. Or realize that you were also predicting it to beat the Saturday record by 15m. 

:P 

• Like 1

Yeah my best comp is DHP2.  That had a 2.25x in the middle of summer 7 years ago.  It also didn't have huge competition (its biggest was Captain America and Rise of the Planet of the Apes), while Infinity War has to face Dead2ool and Solo (both gonna have 100M+ OW's)

2 minutes ago, Telehilation said:

It doesn't have anything to do with legs, you just didn't calculate the preview/Friday breakdown. Or realize that you were also predicting it to beat the Saturday record by 15m. 

:P 

I was also predicting it to come near the OW record :ph34r: 

6 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Honestly the amount of bullshit we have to read in every thread about IW is astounding. Even in the black panther thread, where the normal thing would be to associate black panther’s  success with the BO potential of IW(and no this isn’t a WW/JL situation) we have to endure the concern trolling about IW. It’s easy to see why IW rubs so many people in the wrong way but things will only get worse after it opens and starts smashing records.

You sound quite insecure

42 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

lol, there's no pressure there at all.

:lol:

Yeh, cause Infinity War opening to less than Black Panther and Ultron would look great

If BP solo can do $210m 4 day, Infinity War needs to do it in 3. 

I think thats reasonable. 

4 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

You sound quite insecure

And you sound like a broken record with the same stufff over and over and over and your endless posts. Sorry don’t have the time to reply to the 1826272726 posts you will make on the matter.

Edited by Thrylos 7