That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

57 minutes ago, RRA said:

I don’t blame him. He quit The Flash because as he put it, they wouldn’t let him give the project “edge,” i.e. political. (Some rumors claim his movie plot would’ve involved a BLM element, which is possible considering who they casted as Iris West.)

meanwhile Marvel let Coogler basically give us BLM Magneto in Killmonger and is raking in the dough.

To be fair, a Flash movie doesn't need to address black activism. Most people want a cool speedster flick.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Yeah. As long as it increases over the first, they should be pleased. I also trust the same creative team to pull off another hit. 

I wonder before they moved it to November if WB ever considered February 2020? Not that it's matter but BP and Deadpool proved it's a great month for superheroes. They have a superhero film for that slot in 2020 but I suspect it's going to SS2. 

All these shocked people on Twitter who are amazed by BP's selling out or having crappy seats, don't these people prebook? Just rocking up at the cinema just before showtime is never the best option. 

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

I took a look at the locations of the tweets @ecstasy compiled to see what the general trend was. Correlates pretty good with what we've seen reported.

- Washington DC x 2

- Chicago x 2

- Virginia

- Maryland x 4

- Charlotte x 2

- Los Angeles

- South Orange, NJ

- Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)

- Atlanta

- Southern California

- New York City x 8

- Fort Lauderdale

- Valdosta, GA

- Columbia, SC x 2

- Miami

- Arlington, VA

- Orange County

- New Jersey

- Oakland x 3

- Toronto

- Army kool aid factory

unsurprisingly, no Montana and Maine.

PG county killing it.

Not bad for a place that basically exiled me for being schizophrenic and independent.

But that's a story for another time. :sparta:

11 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I wonder before they moved it to November if WB ever considered February 2020? Not that it's matter but BP and Deadpool proved it's a great month for superheroes. They have a superhero film for that slot in 2020 but I suspect it's going to SS2. 

All these shocked people on Twitter who are amazed by BP's selling out or having crappy seats, don't these people prebook? Just rocking up at the cinema just before showtime is never the best option. 

I assume they maybe considered February, but figured that November would be a more apt time, considering that Wonder Woman would have a few weeks to take the top spot before that planned Fox / Marvel film, gets released (think it'll be delayed though), so it made more sense. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Who the hell is on your facebook?

My BP related stuff gets 3 likes, minimium.

I mean it got 7 likes, but I consider that a flop considering I have over 1800 friends and they've been sharing Panther stuff all weekend. I guess I got too jargony. Probably should've said "5th best opening ever!!!" and left it at that tbh.

1 minute ago, Fancyarcher said:

I assume they maybe considered February, but figured that November would be a more apt time, considering that Wonder Woman would have a few weeks to take the top spot before that planned Fox / Marvel gets released (think it'll be delayed though), so it made more sense. 

WB seems to having a tentpole in November but just alternating DC or another franchise with Fantastic Beasts. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

WB seems to having a tentpole in November but just alternating DC or another franchise with Fantastic Beasts. 

November is usually a decent time to release a tentpole or a bigger budgeted film, especially with Thanksgiving weekend.