grim22

Jurassic World: Dominion | June 10 2022 | 6th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

39 minutes ago, brains said:
6/10/2022 Jurassic World Dominion $160,000,000 – $210,000,000 -8% $443,000,000 – $590,000,000 -8% Universal Pictures

Normal no, currently it's slow time and Top Gun had taken over all limelight.

I'll be concerned if it doesn't increase or drops next week and week after that.

Guys this place and thread here is like the peak of positivity for the JW franchise compared to most other movie forums.

This sad (online) reality will be crushed though by the real world reality, aka an upcoming 200M+ OW.

3 hours ago, Maggie said:

I think because the predecessor was not well received. The sequels always pays for the sins of its predecessor

A- Cinemascore, 2.8 Multiplier

It wasn't as crowd pleasing as Jurassic World for sure, but can't say that general audience hated it.

Edited by THUNDER BIRD

Gotta say, after a few episodes of Prehistoric Planet, it's WILD that a streaming show has more realistic-looking CGI dinosaurs than this summer's big-budget big-screen Jurassic Park follow-up.

Given that Apple TV+ isn't the most ubiquitous of streamers (and given the differences between a documentary and a blockbuster action movie), I don't think that having its dinosaurs outclassed will hurt Dominion that much, but I can't imagine the presence of Prehistoric Planet on the scene really helps Jurassic, either.

5 hours ago, porginchina said:

Gotta say, after a few episodes of Prehistoric Planet, it's WILD that a streaming show has more realistic-looking CGI dinosaurs than this summer's big-budget big-screen Jurassic Park follow-up.

Given that Apple TV+ isn't the most ubiquitous of streamers (and given the differences between a documentary and a blockbuster action movie), I don't think that having its dinosaurs outclassed will hurt Dominion that much, but I can't imagine the presence of Prehistoric Planet on the scene really helps Jurassic, either.

I feel that anybody interested in dinosaurs is most likely watching both. For general audiences, I don't think it will matter. People watch the Jurassic franchise not for realism, but for dinosaurs vs humans action. It's one of the reasons Fallen Kingdom did as well as it did while having terrible reviews.

6 hours ago, porginchina said:

They aren’t competing…at all. The presence of one won’t have any effect whatsoever on how the other is perceived. If anything, they’d help each other as people will be in the mood for more dinosaur content.

• Like 1

Ill say this again to reiterate some points that are coming up:

It is incredibly hard to fuck this movie up. The vast majority of the GA doesnt expect some great written dialogue or a logical story. Nearly everyone who wants to see this film just wants two things: Cool dinosaur action and a story and characters that are at least tolerable alongside it.

In order to make the GA dislike this movie you woud probably need a humourless slugfest with boring action setpieces, toxic writing decisions (like for example killing off Malcolm in the first hour or something stupid like that) and lifeless directing. None of this i can see in the trailers.

Critics will hate on this movie of course. I dont see a RT score higher than low 50s. It will probably settle in the 40s. But that doesnt matter as longs as its just a fun movie. All these people working on the film would need to actually WANT this movie to be boring in order to make it so. And i fail to see a reality where the filmmakers, the actors and the studio would actively work to make it the worst possible product.