grim22

Jurassic World: Dominion | June 10 2022 | 6th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

27 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Will Dominion have any cool/supportive herbivore dinosaurs? The last film had the Stygimoloch.

It’s a shame that some herbivorous dinosaurs don’t get as much utilized as the carnivorous ones.

Stygimoloch sequence was one of the free scenes with fun in that darkish movie.

And if you're a fan of herbivore dinosaurs getting some spotlight, Colin Treverow has just the thing for you, won't say anything further, but a big & resounding YES..!!

For what, how, where & when, you'll have to watch the movie.

Edited by THUNDER BIRD

Everything is lined up for this to win the Summer.    "Minions" and "Lightyear" are the wild cards to me because of families but Jurassic is a Family blockbuster as well.    Yes "Lightyear" comes out the following week and "Minions" 3 weeks after but I'm expecting a "Nostalgia Bump" with bringing the original cast back.   

1 minute ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Is this the time to press the panic button?? 

I'm pretty freaked out now. 

I'm going to say...

Season 6 No GIF by Friends

At least wait for a couple of days of bad sales, people could very well just be turning their attention to Top Gun or enjoying their holiday and not worrying about planning for the coming weeks. 

• Like 1

Just now, THUNDER BIRD said:

Oh OK.

Anyways Universal is taking down videos of Jurassic World Dominion, still few remains but good to see that they are taking action.

Remember same thing happened with Endgame if I recall correctly (maybe it wasn't videos but major plot points came out somehow) and it still went on to make an insane amount of money. 

JW3 just needs good word of mouth, which we will see how Korea reacts in the coming days, should find out within a few days. 

6 hours ago, John Marston said:

Glen Powell voices someone in the Jurassic World Camp Cretaceous show. Should have adapted his character into the movies  with Powell playing the role 

Yeah, but his character in Camp Cretaceous is a bit of a idiot so he'd have likely more or less been comic relief. . . plus final season is in July so we don't know if he's still alive yet.

Edited by Yandereprime101189

1 minute ago, Bigscrubnus said:

Are they audience or critic reviews?

It's from small sites. So it's reviews but they're not specialized or something too criterious.

One is actually a strong fan of the franchise and said it's the worst of the whole franchise by far and the most frustrating experience he had in years. 

I didn't saw the reasons but it's really bad, of the 8 reviews i saw only 1 was positive.

• Like 1

This was always the caveat: If the movie is truly awful (and i mean not Fallen Kingdom-awful, because that movie was still fun for most people), then the baseline is not there for it to explode. Ofc, critic opinions wont matter that much, but theres a certain level of badness that cant be crossed or audiences will flee as well.

Think of Batman v Superman. That film was so bad that critics and audiences agreed to let it die after OW.

I just struggle to think how they could fuck this movie up to such a degree. Again, i would think its pretty hard to make a JW movie that is actually NOT at least fun/entertaining.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

This was always the caveat: If the movie is truly awful (and i mean not Fallen Kingdom-awful, because that movie was still fun for most people), then the baseline is not there for it to explode. Ofc, critic opinions wont matter that much, but theres a certain level of badness that cant be crossed or audiences will flee as well.

Think of Batman v Superman. That film was so bad that critics and audiences agreed to let it die after OW.

I just struggle to think how they could fuck this movie up to such a degree. Again, i would think its pretty hard to make a JW movie that is actually NOT at least fun/entertaining.

I think it should be fine, enough dinosaur action and interactions of old & new cast should help.

And yes, audiences flee if movie are really bad, but if you see even something like Transformers held up till 4th movie and it was 5th movie that really underperformed. 

Same with POTC, required 5th movie to drop and even that 5th movie did 800 million WW and was completely awful.