CJohn

Early Friday Numbers (The Lorax - 17.5M; Project X - 8.2M)

You have said this a MILLION times. It's more of a recurring epidemic than an opinion now..

And other people post about how well John carter is going to do a million times, yet that's not annoying? Your bias is showing. All signs point to a disappointment whether you like it or not. This isn't being a hater this is looking at the evidence. The same evidence that pointed to a breakout for chronicle, the Lorax, the devil inside, contraband, safe house, the vow and pointed to disappointment for wanderlust and gone and so on. The evidence doesn't lie, so stop letting your bias get in the way of accurately predicting box office.
  • Like 1

He said what he wanted to say, we said what we wanted to say. Any problem?

Yes there is a problem of you guys attacking Magic for voicing his opinion. That was completely uncalled for when he did absolutely nothing wrong.

Heaps of people on this site talk every day about The Hunger Games opening weekend because the signs are there for a breakout and big breakouts are big news. I haven't talked about John Carter's opening more than THG. It's about the same or probably more even about THG. It's just with basically no signs pointing to a breakout it's at the other end of the scale. A huge potential breakout or potential bombs are both as big news box office-wide as one another. People in THG thread talk about the opening every single day. That's basically all that's discussed in there. None of the Hunger games fans are called "annoying" for constantly talking about how big they think the film will be because there are signs of a breakout and it's "positive' but if you talk about JC it's "negative" so it's "annoying". Hunger Games fans have basically been saying the same things over and over again and the thread is like a revolving door because it's big news and there isn't much else to talk about.You are allowed to say the same thing over and over if it's positive but not the other way around because that's annoying and it's trolling. Have I bashed the story? Bashed Stanton? Bashed Kitsch? Abused anyone in the threads for supporting the film? The only things I've been negative about are the marketing and the tracking. I'm just talking about the indicators that we have for the films box office performance so far which these forums are supposed to be about. I wouldn't be so negative if the tracking had actually improved but it didn't. I probably say the same stuff because I'm bored and there is little else to say but I've talking heaps about THG (as have many others) all the time and I've never been called annoying for doing that. If people here have double standards then I won't discuss John Carter again.

Let me talk about how intelligent you are everyday.Then let someone talk about how idiotic you are everyday.Who would you find annoying?Negativity is simply an annoying thing.

Yes there is a problem of you guys attacking Magic for voicing his opinion. That was completely uncalled for when he did absolutely nothing wrong.

We are not allowed to do that? He voiced his opinion, we will voice ours.

And other people post about how well John carter is going to do a million times, yet that's not annoying? Your bias is showing. All signs point to a disappointment whether you like it or not. This isn't being a hater this is looking at the evidence. The same evidence that pointed to a breakout for chronicle, the Lorax, the devil inside, contraband, safe house, the vow and pointed to disappointment for wanderlust and gone and so on. The evidence doesn't lie, so stop letting your bias get in the way of accurately predicting box office.

People are cautiously predicting JOHN CARTER. They do not say it'll be a blockbuster hit. They are aware of the possibility it might disappoint. Words like "hope", "wish", and "surprise" always go with their predictions.They know the signs aren't that good but they try to see things positively.On the other some people just want to see the negative things. Not even considering the fact that it might hold well because of the reviews or great WOM.Every time I see a post like that (and is repeated many times), negativity with intention always come into my mind. It's not just simply an opinion, it's one sided opinion.

The same thing happened when the new THE AVENGERS trailer was released. There were so much pretensions and hypocrisy from some people. Then you'll later realize they are die-hard TDKR supporters.I will support all these films. THG, JC, TASM, TA and TDKR but the fanboyism of some here are overflowing.

Also, the Magic situation, what the hell is wrong with you guys? What a bunch of fucking whiners. A guy raises logical if negative points about a film that is being discussed and everybody bitches about him being negative? I mean, shit, if he was just spewing bullshit with obvious biase like enyagal a couple years back and in the TDKR thread that one Cameron fan who talks about how disappointing the movie will be and always works in how awesome JC is, I'd understand a ripping. But he was being normal. But then everybody started bitching at him, and he got all pissy because everyone's mad at him and he's going to his room and slamming the door, cuz you guys are meanies. And then Matt comes in with his "Ooh, everybody has a right to their opinion no matter what" world peace shit, and we all know he's prone to deform this thread into an endless string of lolcatz pictures at any minute. And of course Kamihamiha has his usual passive aggresive yet extreme Disney/JC/3D biase trying to justify the verbal lashing Magic took because JC might as well stand for Jesus Christ.Everybody sucks.

• Like 7

People are cautiously predicting JOHN CARTER. They do not say it'll be a blockbuster hit. They are aware of the possibility it might disappoint. Words like "hope", "wish", and "surprise" always go with their predictions.They know the signs aren't that good but they try to see things positively.On the other some people just want to see the negative things. Not even considering the fact that it might hold well because of the reviews or great WOM.Every time I see a post like that (and is repeated many times), negativity with intention always come into my mind. It's not just simply an opinion, it's one sided opinion.

You do realize that people are talking about its opening weekend right? It could very well have great legs nobody has ruled that possibility out, but I seriously doubt it can get the legs it needs to be considered a success.

Also, the Magic situation, what the hell is wrong with you guys? What a bunch of fucking whiners. A guy raises logical if negative points about a film that is being discussed and everybody bitches about him being negative? I mean, shit, if he was just spewing bullshit with obvious biase like enyagal a couple years back and in the TDKR thread that one Cameron fan who talks about how disappointing the movie will be and always works in how awesome JC is, I'd understand a ripping. But he was being normal. But then everybody started bitching at him, and he got all pissy because everyone's mad at him and he's going to his room and slamming the door, cuz you guys are meanies. And then Matt comes in with his "Ooh, everybody has a right to their opinion no matter what" world peace shit, and we all know he's prone to deform this thread into an endless string of lolcatz pictures at any minute. And of course Kamihamiha has his usual passive aggresive yet extreme Disney/JC/3D biase trying to justify the verbal lashing Magic took because JC might as well stand for Jesus Christ.Everybody sucks.

Everyone does have the fucking right to their own opinion no matter what that opinion may be, but no one has the right to attack other member for said opinion. You always dig at me every chance you get Sick, so I really could care less when it's obvious you dislike me.

Wow, people need to calm the fuck down. This is only a box office forum after all. Anyways to get back on topic, I didn't see The Lorax opening quite that high. I guess I'm just bad at telling what appeals to young kids nowadays.

Everyone does have the fucking right to their own opinion no matter what that opinion may be, but no one has the right to attack other member for said opinion. You always dig at me every chance you get Sick, so I really could care less when it's obvious you dislike me.

I don't think that's what he was getting at at all.

You do realize that people are talking about its opening weekend right? It could very well have great legs nobody has ruled that possibility out, but I seriously doubt it can get the legs it needs to be considered a success.

R-e-a-l-l-y?