CJohn

Early Friday Numbers (The Lorax - 17.5M; Project X - 8.2M)

No, I'm done. If anyone has a problem, fucking report me to Shawn.

There was nothing wrong in what you said. This is supposed to be a box office discussion site. If people don't agree with you too bad. They shouldn't be attacking you.
  • Like 2

Heaps of people on this site talk every day about The Hunger Games opening weekend because the signs are there for a breakout and big breakouts are big news. I haven't talked about John Carter's opening more than THG. It's about the same or probably more even about THG. It's just with basically no signs pointing to a breakout it's at the other end of the scale. A huge potential breakout or potential bombs are both as big news box office-wide as one another. People in THG thread talk about the opening every single day. That's basically all that's discussed in there. None of the Hunger games fans are called "annoying" for constantly talking about how big they think the film will be because there are signs of a breakout and it's "positive' but if you talk about JC it's "negative" so it's "annoying". Hunger Games fans have basically been saying the same things over and over again and the thread is like a revolving door because it's big news and there isn't much else to talk about.You are allowed to say the same thing over and over if it's positive but not the other way around because that's annoying and it's trolling. Have I bashed the story? Bashed Stanton? Bashed Kitsch? Abused anyone in the threads for supporting the film? The only things I've been negative about are the marketing and the tracking. I'm just talking about the indicators that we have for the films box office performance so far which these forums are supposed to be about. I wouldn't be so negative if the tracking had actually improved but it didn't. I probably say the same stuff because I'm bored and there is little else to say but I've talking heaps about THG (as have many others) all the time and I've never been called annoying for doing that. If people here have double standards then I won't discuss John Carter again.

Bravo. People can say "THIS FILM WILL ROCK!" 400 times in one thread, and nobody bats an eye, but if you say "I think it will fail, because of this and that..." say...10 times in one thread, you are "trolling" and you "hate" the film. (And they will make up stuff and invent "facts" about your alleged trolling)Yawn.Just ignore them. You are not breaking any rules and you are not insulting fans of the film. You are fine. Edited by Cochofles

Magic thank you for not talking about John Carter ever again. I was tired of all that fucking pseudo negativity oozing from each of your posts. Get mad all you want but the fact is, you constantly blow THG and its box office prospects, and you bring up poor tracking multiple times everyday for John Carter. People can put 2 and 2 together to see that you want John Carter to fail.

The first box office argument on this site. Definitely entertaining, oh and I'm a troll too, i guess, because I don't think John carter will open well either. For gods sake guys it's one persons opinion. John Carter is not gods gift to cinema nor is it guaranteed to be a good movie. You're on a fucking box office site, quit your whining and buck up. You shouldn't be here if you get offended by a differing opinion. I can't wait for the meltdown next week from some users. The first entertainment of these forums for sure.

• Like 2

Anything north of 40m for John Carter next weekend is a relative success. The film's negative buzz has been deafening and generally positive reviews won't do anything about it. Anyway, 6m OD for Project X means that 20% came from midnights. That's insanely front loaded.

I don't think John Carter had much negative buzz except that it was tracking poorly.The real problem is that it doesn't have much buzz at all for a blockbuster movie.

I mean it could all change next. Hopefully it does. The reviews so far have been pretty solid. At least the number of audience want to see has doubled in the last two weeks.

Edited by ECSTASY

John Carter IMO looks like it's going to be a disappointment. I'm expecting something like Prince of Persia and this will not be the massive hit it needs to be to make a profit.

Get the fuck out troll.Everyone is tired of your incessant negativity, IMO.
  • Like 2

Anything north of 40m for John Carter next weekend is a relative success. The film's negative buzz has been deafening and generally positive reviews won't do anything about it. Anyway, 6m OD for Project X means that 20% came from midnights. That's insanely front loaded.

Project X screams night time film for me, so I wouldn't be surprised if the estimate went up.

It may not end up where the tracking indicates, we know it's nowhere near a sure thing, but I'm just saying if it opens very low nobody could say there weren't signs. I'm just being realistic. I never would have thought that after all of the money that Disney have thrown at the marketing that tracking would go down from where it was 2 weeks before. I expected it to jump and now I don't know what to think.The only film it was tracking above was Silent House, it's a week out and it cost more than 250M to make. What do you want me to say? That's it's going to open to 80M and make 1B worldwide? I can if you'd like.

You have said this a MILLION times. It's more of a recurring epidemic than an opinion now..