CJohn

Early Friday Numbers (The Lorax - 17.5M; Project X - 8.2M)

Another stellar weekend.

I've never been confident in Avengers, TDKR, and Hobbit doing sickly massive numbers later this year. 2012 is living up to my greatest expectations so far, even surpassing in some ways. Its about frakking time. :lol:

Yeah it's amazing how the 2012 box office train just keeps on rolling (though I do expect JC to disappoint and slow it down a little next weekend). Also, did you mean I've never been more confident?

He was Gambit in Wolverine but he was in Friday Night Lights tv show.

Yep easily one of the top 5 shows ever. And his character was not the heart of the show, that was Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton as Eric and Tammy Taylor, but Tim Riggins the character Kitsch played was the soul.I'm going to stop because my love for Wall-E is nothing compared to my love for FNL. Edited by DAR

I have seen as low as 22 OW / 50 DOM total. And I laugh on how absurd it was.

I wonder who could have made that one...

Posted Image

Lol, I regret nothing tbh. I really can't wait for the epic lulz that will be had here next weekend when John Carter becomes one of the biggest flops of all time. Then she who laughs last will laugh best.

And on topic, great for The Lorax and good for Project X.

• Like 2

I can't say I'm upset but more disappointed that it was never really given the benefit of the doubt originally.

Yeah, this. All the talk since the first trailer came out was how much money Disney was going to lose on it. Most would've admired the risk they took on John Carter if they were any other studio.

Another stellar weekend.I've never been more confident in Avengers, TDKR, and Hobbit doing sickly massive numbers later this year. 2012 is living up to my greatest expectations so far, even surpassing in some ways. Its about frakking time. :lol:

Hello stranger. Good of you to drop by. :D Edited by ShawnMR

Yeah, this. All the talk since the first trailer came out was how much money Disney was going to lose on it. Most would've admired the risk they took on John Carter if they were any other studio.

Well Disney hasn't done itself any favors with the marketing.

Well Disney hasn't done itself any favors with the marketing.

As much as I'm backing the film, I sadly have to agree. They did at least mention the influence in the recent tv spots but this late in the game it sounds desperate rather than assertive.Still, yes, the Stanton factor comes into it too. I think after his Pixar films he deserves as much benefit of the doubt as any big-time director and it's frustrating that he never got it. Edited by tribefan695

• Founder / Operator

Yeah it's amazing how the 2012 box office train just keeps on rolling (though I do expect JC to disappoint and slow it down a little next weekend). Also, did you mean I've never been more confident?

Yes I did. :lol:

As much as I'm backing the film, I sadly have to agree. They did at least mention the influence in the recent tv spots but this late in the game it sounds desperate rather than assertive.Still, yes, the Stanton factor comes into it too. I think after his Pixar films he deserves as much benefit of the doubt as any big-time director and it's frustrating that he never got it.

Well I think that he gets the benefit of the doubt for animation. He has yet to prove himself for live action films. I think it's fair to see at least one live action film from him before jumping on the Stanton bandwagon. That's my opinion.As far as Disney goes. The biggest problem, (and this is from following JC on Twitter) is that they still have not given the general audience a reason to see the film. Even though the film itself seems solid enough it's their job to get people interested that wouldn't otherwise be. Now I do think there are enough sci fi fans to give it a decent opening but what happens after that? It's hard to tell.

I nearly got crucified a few years ago when I said I don't like Wall-E and think it's too high brow for a kids movie... People here are very passionate about that.

Then again I heard you once tried to steal Christmas from the Who's in Whoville. ;)

BOM numbers are up and it looks like the other kids movies (Journey and Arriety) got slaughtered

Funny ERC has Journey #4 for the weekend. They must be expecting a huge Sunday.