cookie

Cookie’s Corner Year 3

2 minutes ago, cookie said:

I think Taron would have an easier time just assassinating the three he has left on his target list instead of building a pocket size nuke but whatever.

The devastation of him losing nearly all of his allies was a big tipping point for him abandoning his precision and deciding to act on his rage in a violent way.

• Like 1

Spark: Homeward (Release version)

The good news: This is a marked improvement over the initial draft.

The bad news: This is not as good as Rising.

You did my boi Taron... decently. His motivation is actually pretty good, but I don't feel like his character is 100% consistent all the time and some of his scheming lost me for a bit, unfortunately. Although even if his story arc and ending lifts directly from Killmonger it's done well for what it is.

Alex herself does remain the standout, although I feel like Kozar and Aera got kinda shafted towards the second half of the film (given how much time is spent in the first half with Kozar's backstory, that becomes a bit troubling). Ezor and Katherine do well for what they have and Everett still turning out to be robot makes more sense here than it ever did when Gyllenhaal did it.

Is it wrong of me to say that I found the first half of this a little duller than the initial draft? I don't know, it just felt like it took too long to really go anywhere. The second half improves the pacing tremendously so it's fine by the end. And I guess Spark 3 is going to be the return of Michelle Pfeiffer so I got that to look forward to.

B

Edited by cookie
  • Thanks 1

Just now, cookie said:

So in my final gambit, I had it fall under both Voltrons :sparta:

By two points! :( Now I just gotta make sure you do Anna K good. I know you quite liked the first draft, and I hardly changed it aside from addressing the points you had.

2 minutes ago, Isle of Pasta said:

I’ll take it! I do find it funny that the first act was a bit more dull - I don’t recall changing much except making the opening an action sequence.

Also @Rorschach its final score on the CC is 77. I think everyone reviewed it.

Yeah, I've been neglecting to update the chart for two days.