That One Girl

CinemaCon 2018 | Disney presentation (lot of live action remakes and whatnot) | Bonus feature (EXCLUSIVE CONTENT): probably a 20 page long argument begins on page 12

5 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

DbkfH9_V0AAQfLm.jpg

They're currently filming The One & Only Ivan (with Sam Rockwell, Angelina Jolie, Bryan Cranston, and Brooklynn Prince) which will likely end up going November 8 next year where that Anna Kendrick movie that's been banished to their streaming service was going to open.

13 minutes ago, Morieris said:

That's less movies than I expected for 2019.

Kind of hoped they'd announce the subtitle for Episode 9 but that was fleeting.

They still have two untitled films available in October and November. The One and Only Ivan seems like a possibility. I assumed Jungle Cruise was going to come out in 2019, but with 2manji also possibly coming out in 2019, that's probably not going to happen. Maybe Maleficent 2 appears somewhere?

Just now, CoolEric258 said:

They still have two untitled films available in October and November. The One and Only Ivan seems like a possibility. I assumed Jungle Cruise was going to come out in 2019, but with 2manji also possibly coming out in 2019, that's probably not going to happen. Maybe Maleficent 2 appears somewhere?

Maleficent 2 is most likely 2020. Casting's only just begun and they usually like to have at least 18 months or more between the start of filming and release for their live-action titles.

2 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

@EmpireCity

I know you saw at least some of the stuff at Disney's presentation, but did you watch the Sony presentation? Any notable highlights?

I saw all of both presentations.  

My thoughts on the Sony was that they have a strong but not spectacular slate and I think Venom is going to be a "bomb" for them.  It looks like a mess and Ruben Fleischer has not done well when gifted a great cast and large budget.  This looks no different.  

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

My thoughts on the Sony was that they have a strong but not spectacular slate and I think Venom is going to be a "bomb" for them.  It looks like a mess and Ruben Fleischer has not done well when gifted a great cast and large budget.  This looks no different.  

I heard somebody say there was something about Frozen 2 shown? Is that true? If so, what was it like?

1 minute ago, feasby007 said:

I heard somebody say there was something about Frozen 2 shown? Is that true? If so, what was it like?

Seems like it was just a quick snippet in the highlight reel for their upcoming films.

Edited by filmlover

2 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

There were clips in a montage but I couldn't remember if it was from Frozen 2 or not.  Don't think it was.  

13 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

What about Spiderverse?

1 minute ago, EmpireCity said:

There were clips in a montage but I couldn't remember if it was from Frozen 2 or not.  Don't think it was.  

Ah okay. So if there was stuff it was nothing major or notable.

Also when is it likely we'll hear stuff from Toy Story 4?

A few more notes on the Sony presentation....

• Holmes & Watson will do big numbers over the holiday
  • Superfly looks terrible and will likely be another Proud Mary misfire
  • Equalizer 2 footage is so much better than the trailers
  • The Girl in the Spider's Web is going to do well
  • A Dog's Way Home.... oh man that one might break out.  
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, EmpireCity said:

A few more notes on the Sony presentation....

• Holmes & Watson will do big numbers over the holiday
  • Superfly looks terrible and will likely be another Proud Mary misfire
  • Equalizer 2 footage is so much better than the trailers
  • The Girl in the Spider's Web is going to do well
  • A Dog's Way Home.... oh man that one might break out.  

thoughts on Venom potentially breaking out after how good the trailer is doing?