Water Bottle

The Walking Dead | AMC

Dam*it! The character is already getting the development and then boom!

That's what the Walking Dead does. Every time a Tier 3 character starts advancing in development it means there is a 75% chance they will die by the end of the season/midseason.

I was never a big fan, so I am okay she died. It was a well done scene and it even made me cry even though I am not a big fan of her character. Also, I think he death will give other characters interesting development through their reactions to the fallout of it.

I'm officially over the "need" to kill someone every mid-season and season finale.

It was done for effect and emphasis the first time or two to show that the situations they are in are deadly. Great, we fully have that now.

However, now it's done cause either the writers feel the need to keep upping the stakes(they don't) and/or the audience expects it(in which case if it doesn't happen some will bitch about that). 

I'm not some uber Beth fan. She was coming into her own as a character though finally. I was looking forward to where her growth was going from here. Her lashing out at Dawn didn't have to happen. Clearly the scene was crafted to end peacefully, with Noah grudgingly going back so there would be no death. It was one of the more pointless deaths on the show to date. I'm actually amazed Bob lasted as long as he did, a full season +.

• Like 1

Beth’s demise felt cheap to me. She didn’t die because of some horrible thing that just happened to her. She made a stupid choice to try to stab a cop who was much better trained and armed than her…None of it makes sense, and so I’m left reeling when Beth is shot—but partly because her death doesn’t come as a result of meaningful (or even just horrible) events.

Every single character survived the well-fortified, cannibal-occupied Terminus, but Beth is killed off by the cops. I’m not sure I like the math. I’m not sure I like the show’s decision to kill off a character after finally, finally giving her the space to become an interesting person rather than just a prop.

— Forbes [X]

They inform Maggie that her sister is still alive and Maggie suddenly remembers she has a sister. This is a sticking point for me. Maggie hasn’t said even one word about her missing baby sister all season, even though she’s the only remaining member of the group unaccounted for. This is a pretty serious slip on the part of the showrunners and writers. And when Maggie is overjoyed to hear the news and then later devastated when she shows up and Beth is dead…well it just doesn’t have the same payoff it would have if Maggie had been tirelessly searching all season.

— Forbes [X]

Edited by Claire Nolan Holt
  • Like 2

Show's facebook page is really terrible I mean I get the show on mondays and so does the rest of the world and yet as soon as it aired they posted a giant picture of Daryl holding Beth that said ' RIP Beth' in giant letters 

I mean come on ! 

Other than that good episode I knew she was gonna bite it it was either her or Carol and Carol aint going anywhere 

What was the after credits scene I missed that ? 

• Like 3

It was the reactions of Daryl and Maggie that got me. 

What was the after credits scene I missed that ? 

Another with Morgan and he ends up at the church and finds the map to Washington that Abraham gave Rick which said "The new world's gonna need Rick Grimes" (something like that) and Morgan is surprised to see that name. 

• Like 1

AMC, the entertainment sites(especially newsarama at times) seem to forget we live in a DVR world.

It's not 1985 where there are 6 channels and reruns are few and far between with the population setting the schedules around a TV show. 

I have hidden friends and unfollowed news pages cause they don't know any decorum. Stop w/spoilers in your opening picture or sentence!!

I wasn't spoiled this time but have been and sympathize with those who were. 

• Like 1

Holy crap!

I kind of saw it coming but not in that way 

There is a lot after credit stuff so stick around

so Beth is now dead.  I haven't seen Daryl that emotional maybe ever, but at least for a very long time.  the after credit stuff with Morgan should lead to something good too since he just saw Rick may still be around

Maybe when Merle turned.

I don't think they will meet til around the beginning of Season 6. Morgan if traveled since episode 1 without rest needs the group to stop for 2+ weeks somewhere to catch up.

... and over the world too ! 

This show is really popular worldwide and they had this giant launch effort to ensure it airs everywhere on monday only to put up spoilers once it airs in the US ? 

Out of the 30 mil liking the page on FB I'm guessin at least half of them are outside of US 

... and no staying off facebook or social media for 24 hours is not an option - its solely their fault not mine 

• Like 2

Yeah AMC's mistake was doing it before the West Coast showing ending.  After that, everything is fair game.  But to do it right after the east coast show ended was just a complete screw up on their part.

Yeah AMC's mistake was doing it before the West Coast showing ending.  After that, everything is fair game.  But to do it right after the east coast show ended was just a complete screw up on their part.

Excuse me why is it a fair game ? 

The show airs on monday around the world ... its all good when they don't fuck it up in US but its all good when they do it for the rest of the planet 

They should not post spoilers for 3-4 days after the show aired - simple as that 

• Like 3