Water Bottle

The Walking Dead | AMC

Hershel's injury and amputation is a nod to the character of Allen, who was in the comics but not in the show. In the comics Allen was bitten in the foot while helping clear out the prison and Rick attempted an amputation of the foot.Hopefully Hershel has better luck with surviving the amputation than Allen did.

Hershel's injury and amputation is a nod to the character of Allen, who was in the comics but not in the show. In the comics Allen was bitten in the foot while helping clear out the prison and Rick attempted an amputation of the foot.Hopefully Hershel has better luck with surviving the amputation than Allen did.

Lmao at Rick taking 20 hacks to cut off Hershel's foot. By then, Hershel had already stopped screaming and looked bored out of his mind.
  • Like 2

Lmao at Rick taking 20 hacks to cut off Hershel's foot. By then, Hershel had already stopped screaming and looked bored out of his mind.

Haha, Rick's amputation skills in the comics weren't good either when he did it to Allen. Allen ended up dying of blood loss and general infection so I'm worried about Hershel. Who else can handle his BAMF UNLIMITED AMMO SHOTGUN?

Haha, Rick's amputation skills in the comics weren't good either when he did it to Allen. Allen ended up dying of blood loss and general infection so I'm worried about Hershel. Who else can handle his BAMF UNLIMITED AMMO SHOTGUN?

I love how the zombie that bit Hershel was playing dead.
  • Like 1

I love how the zombie that bit Hershel was playing dead.

:lol:I know, I thought that too, so stupid.Good episode that seemed to serve as more of a foundation for the rest of the season than anything. My only complaint would be that Carl all of a sudden is trusted to be Zombie sweeper and expert marksman? Wtf. Get that annoying kid off my TV.I have a question too which I'm not too clear on. Since everyone is infected, it's true then that you can survive a non-lethal bite without turning? So if Hershel doesn't bleed to death and manages to recover, he won't become a zombie right?What's the over/under on Lori giving birth to a walker? She continues to be a terrible character. Totally weak and mopy.Side note- I'm not sure why but this post didn't show up in "my content" even though I've posted it in 100 times. Wonder why.

:lol:I know, I thought that too, so stupid.Good episode that seemed to serve as more of a foundation for the rest of the season than anything. My only complaint would be that Carl all of a sudden is trusted to be Zombie sweeper and expert marksman? Wtf. Get that annoying kid off my TV.I have a question too which I'm not too clear on. Since everyone is infected, it's true then that you can survive a non-lethal bite without turning? So if Hershel doesn't bleed to death and manages to recover, he won't become a zombie right?What's the over/under on Lori giving birth to a walker? She continues to be a terrible character. Totally weak and mopy.Side note- I'm not sure why but this post didn't show up in "my content" even though I've posted it in 100 times. Wonder why.

Didn't some guy get bit first season and turn into a zombie without bleeding to death? He got bit on the stomach and got really sick but I think that was the zombie bacteria infecting him not him "dying"

Didn't some guy get bit first season and turn into a zombie without bleeding to death? He got bit on the stomach and got really sick but I think that was the zombie bacteria infecting him not him "dying"

Yeah, the guy they dropped off in the woods so he could turn without endangering anyone. That's why I'm confused.

I have a question too which I'm not too clear on. Since everyone is infected, it's true then that you can survive a non-lethal bite without turning? So if Hershel doesn't bleed to death and manages to recover, he won't become a zombie right?

Here's the info you needed:Everyone is infected with the Zombie virus, however the zombie virus by itself is harmless, it just latently floats around your system.The Zombie bite doesn't turn you into a Zombie, however since a Zombie is rotting carcass, when it bites a person you get an overload of super bacteria strains that immediately go to work on your body. The major infection from the bite is what kills people, and then the Zombie virus activates.As for Carl becoming a marksman, remember that Season 3 takes place several months after Season 2 ended. Season 2 took place in the Fall and now its Spring. Edited by 4815162342

Here's the info you needed:Everyone is infected with the Zombie virus, however the zombie virus by itself is harmless, it just latently floats around your system.The Zombie bite doesn't turn you into a Zombie, however since a Zombie is rotting carcass, when it bites a person you get an overload of super bacteria strains that immediately go to work on your body. The major infection from the bite is what kills people, and then the Zombie virus activates.As for Carl becoming a marksman, remember that Season 3 takes place several months after Season 2 ended. Season 2 took place in the Fall and now its Spring.

Thanks. So immediate amputation is one of his only chances to not die from the bite.And eh, three/four months and he's already designated house-clearer? It's a little far fetched for me, this is the same kid who got people killed last season thanks to his adventures in the woods. Can't understand how they would all of a sudden trust him with these responsibilities.

Great episode. Did not see the shock ending coming at all.I love the notion of these people being so happy to be locked up in prison. Very interesting setting.I also really enjoyed the "veteran zombie killer" attitude that all of them showed throughout the episode. It made sense too.Consider that Season One seemed to take place over a pretty short period of time. Perhaps a week or two at max. Season Two took longer, but even by the finale and the attack on Herschel's farm, I doubt it was more than a month or two. Add in a month where Rick was sleeping in the hospital, and you still get only a maximum of about 2-3 months between the zombie outbreak and the season 2 finale.Now we see that Season three starts "after winter". Not only that, but Lori is apparently atbout 8 and a half months pregnant. Regardless of how long the first 2 seasons really took, its safe to say that at least 6 months have passed. In other words, a far longer period of time than all of seasons 1 and 2 and Rick's coma put together. Considering the daily life-threatening challenges they were all facing, its not surprising that their zombie-killing skills improved across the board. That includes both Maggie and her sister Beth, who seemed to kill her share of zombies at the prison, and even Carl, who has obviously been well-trained by Rick and likely Daryl too over the past 6 months. He had a lot more time to train over the winter than he did in seasons 1 and 2.Makes sense that Carl is now a seasoned zombie killer, but it was still impressive how the group took over the prison courtyard.

DAMN.

The power of Netflix. This is really changing viewership patterns. The ability to catch up quicker and more conveniently than ever.

The season 3 premiere now reigns as the biggest telecast for any drama series in basic cable history among all viewers. “The Walking Dead” encored at 10pm with 3.5 million viewers and midnight with 850,000 viewers delivering 15.2 million viewers for the night. In addition, the season two premiere of “Talking Dead” at 11pm attracted 2.1 million viewers, growing 85% over the season one premiere.

Edited by Silver Linings aDIM