Neo

Venom | 5 OCTOBER 2018 | Sony | Tom Hardy is Venom. Social Media reactions coming in

31 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Seems unlikely, but it would be so nice...

Morally, Venom is above all Spider-Man movies since SM3. :Venom:

Been tracking higher than Infinity War after its first week too! Would seem silly to cut its legs after just posting best weekend drop ever.

Venom.png

Edited by Ricochet
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, kitik said:

It's gonna get destroyed by Aquaman though, right?

Maybe not. Venom had its best weekend drop just before Aquaman comes (out Monday). Almost matching holiday weekend of Infinity War when aligned. Tencent is promoted both.

Synergy?

Weekend 2 -54.2% $51,286,509

Weekend 3 -62.0% $19,483,802

Weekend 4 -37.4% $12,200,000 (est)

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&country=CH&id=venom2018.htm

Boxofficereport
"Venom grossed an estimated $13.0M internationally this weekend, including $12.2M in China, where the film has grossed $262.0M to date"
https://twitter.com/BORReport/status/1069266935706054656

Also 2nd place again. Would be first place weekly every week if not for A Cool Fish. Would make no sense to kill it at this point... money on the table.

Edited by Ricochet

This film is awful. It's incredibly bad. I don't want to list the astronomical level of plot holes, but that building harvesting the symbiote has the worst security and is strategically unsound. I mean, building an experimental top secret facility next to the golden gate bridge? Why not Alacatraz instead? Even then it makes ZERO SENSE. Fuck this movie.

Edited by ThePhasmid
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Knock It Off 1

11 minutes ago, ThePhasmid said:

This film is awful. It's incredibly bad. I don't want to list the astronomical level of plot holes, but that building harvesting the symbiote has the worst security and is strategically unsound. I mean, building an experimental top secret facility next to the golden gate bridge? Why not Alacatraz? Fuck this movie.

A bit like Spider Man 2 had a searcher making electricity heavy experiment in the middle of Manhattan for no reason and paying 30 cent a KWhours doing so.

Isn't the point and something wanted in the SuperHeroes genre atheistic those really strange scientific doing those crazy choice that make people cringe ? A bit like the walking backward in the dark horror movie tropes ?

Edited by Barnack

4 minutes ago, Barnack said:

A bit like Spider Man 2 had a searcher making electricity heavy experiment in the middle of Manhattan for no reason and paying 30 cent a KW doing so.

Isn't the point and something wanted in the SuperHeroes genre atheistic those really strange scientific doing those crazy choice that make people cringe ? A bit like the walking backward in the dark horror movie tropes ?

Manhattan has structural diversity. We're talking about building a massive structure that is clearly visible on the hills located to one of the most endearing bridges of the US. It sticks out like a poorly made CGI thumb (similar to the ending of this drivel). The digital and physical security is so bad that the main antagonist notices a young girl lost in HIS OWN BUILDING AFTER WORKING HOURS, AND ASKS "Are you lost?" OH, GOD! The script.

Edited by ThePhasmid
  • Knock It Off 1

10 minutes ago, ThePhasmid said:

Manhattan has structural diversity.

But I doubt anyone would place a electricity heavy industry/research building there, specially with so small amount of employee (making it really easy to move anywhere else), those movies usually never make much sense of those aspects. It is a bit like James Bond villains.

You need to embrace the non-sense, specially when it is self-aware and playing with it in Venom or Austin Powers.

Edited by Barnack

Venom has more plot holes and logical inconsistencies than a Michael Bay film. In fact, The Rock is a better representation of San Francisco's geography and integrity than this massive pile of shit. Yours truly, a fellow native of SF.

Edited by ThePhasmid
  • Knock It Off 2

Just now, ThePhasmid said:

Venom has more plot holes and logical inconsistencies than a Michael Bay film. In fact, The Rock is a better representation of San Francisco's geography and integrity than this massive pile of shit.

Alright, we got it, you don’t like Venom because the research facility is located somewhere that you think is unrealistic.  I, too, have a problem with movies where someone becomes possessed by black goo being unrealistic.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ThePhasmid said:

Venom has more plot holes and logical inconsistencies than a Michael Bay film. In fact, The Rock is a better representation of San Francisco's geography and integrity than this massive pile of shit. Yours truly, a fellow native of SF.

But you loved the movie, right?

• Haha 1

Tom Hardy kills multiple people on the busy steep streets of San Francisco. The local PD has zero evidence to locate the individual responsible for this disturbance? So much so that he can chill on his steps at the ending of the film, and cannibalize a man with no fear of consequence. His character is suppose to be some sort of well known journalist. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? This film makes Judge Dredd look like a masterpiece.

Edited by ThePhasmid
  • Knock It Off 1

2 minutes ago, ThePhasmid said:

Tom Hardy kills multiple people on the busy steep streets of San Francisco. The local PD has zero evidence to locate the individual responsible for this disturbance? So much so that he can chill on his steps at the ending of the film, and cannibalize a man with no fear of consequence. His character is suppose to be some sort of well known journalist. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? This film makes Judge Dredd look like a masterpiece.

All will be explained in Venom 2. :Venom::Venom:

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, ThePhasmid said:

Sorry, I don’t know your opinion on the film yet.  Could you please say your thoughts on it?

Edited by That One Guy
  • Haha 1

It's fair. Once you don't like the movie, you see many bad things about it.

For me, SMH made no sense. How is this kid identity not revealed? He is in Queens, making very close calls with his classmates around. Misses things very frequently especially that prom, with SM a superstar at this point there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThePhasmid said:

To be fair, I’m pretty sure you could do all of those things unhindered if you wandered around Tenderloin after dark...