CJohn

DEADPOOL 2 WEEKEND THREAD | Spoilers = BANNED INTO OBLIVION | Dp2 125M and 300 WW debut...Asgard Sun update pg 123

5 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

It looks like Deadpool 2 is going to come in on the lower end of RTH's range.  

Well dang, how am I possibly supposed to enjoy the film now :P

• Like 1

Well, if it comes in at 52, then the best case scenario would be about 128 million.

Let's just speculate for a moment and say it does 125, even a 2.4X puts it over 300.  So things look good for Mr. Pool, whether it opens to 125 or 130.

Just now, Mekanos said:

Hope it's above 120. Would still be well within 90% of DP's opening. Missing 300M DOM would be the bigger upset IMO.

I think with $120M it's going to miss $300M. It would need 2.5x and given how it's preview/OD has gone I'm expecting 2.25 legs for it so $270M 

1 minute ago, Mekanos said:

Hope it's above 120M. Would still be well within 90% of DP's opening. Missing 300M DOM would be the bigger upset IMO.

It won't miss 300.

Just now, Nova said:

I think with $120M it's going to miss $300M. It would need 2.5x and given how it's preview/OD has gone I'm expecting 2.25 legs for it so $270M 

125 is where I think it opens to,  only needs a 2.4 to get to 300.  Summer weekdays will kick in soon.  Plus it has the long weekend and the monday coming up as well.  

Have some faith and dream a little bigger darling.

• Like 1

Letting how much you enjoyed a film affect what you’re rooting for re: its box office run is healthy, and presumably a big part of why we’re all here.    

Letting a film’s BO run affect how much you enjoy watching it is a bad dynamic imo, but can be hard to fully avoid.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

I don't see why it would get a 2.25X.  

Just now, Nova said:

I think there's a real possibility it will given how front loaded it is. 38% of Friday from previews is not a good look  

Yes, but it just means there's an up front rush for it.  WOM is terrific.  So the future looks promising.  

Just now, baumer said:

I don't see why it would get a 2.25X.  

I mean I didn't see why it would only make $52M off of $18.6M in previews but here we are. To me it just seems the film is front loaded as hell. 

Infinity war >  DP2. I just think DP meta humor is just not for me at all. it was definitely better than the first deadpool to me. I hated the first one. This one is at least somewhat enjoyable.

1 minute ago, baumer said:

Yes, but it just means there's an up front rush for it.  WOM is terrific.  So the future looks promising.  

I don't know. I obviously haven't followed the box office as long as you have but I'm not seeing good legs for this. Not because it's bad but because if it was going to have good legs, that OD would be better. 

1 minute ago, Nova said:

I mean I didn't see why it would only make $52M off of $18.6M in previews but here we are. To me it just seems the film is front loaded as hell. 

You need to pop a xanax, the film is going to be fine.  Relax.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1