CJohn

BOX OFFICE THEORY WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM WEEKEND THREAD | 150 OW OFFICIAL ESTIMATE | No Spoilers, Read Rules First Post! | First Post Updated with Sale Info

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

OWs are gonna be real boring until Captain Marvel. 

Had Lego Ninjago and Lego Batman never happened, LEGO 2 would be gunning for $100M OW.

6 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

TA2 used to be slammed for its drop from TA, but after TLJ and JW2, we can appreciate that both its OW and DOM drop is actually the smallest.

TA        TA2
OW    207m    191m   -7.73%
DOM  623m    459m  -26.32%

TFA        TLJ
OW    247m     220m  -10.93%
DOM  936m     620m  -33.76%

JW      JW2
OW      208m    135m  -35.10%
DOM   652m    360m  -44.79%

Even better worldwide , AOU basically fell around 7% from TA and it was the punching bag of this forum for years and the main arguement, along with “civil war is an avengers film” of why IW wouldn’t do that great. Oh how sequels from other franchises wish they could only fall 7% from their predecessors....

Edited by Thrylos 7

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

This is basically the 2018 DOM box office to everyone right now:

"I gave you three 600+ films in four months, don't ask me for anything again until next March."

On a side note I can see a handful of films in the $200M-$300M range: Ant Man 2, Fallout, Venom, Halloween, Bohemian, Grinch, Beasts 2, Ralph 2, Aquaman, Bumblebee, and Spiderverse. Poppins and Robin will be at $300M+

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I don't think we'll have a $100M+ the rest of the year looking at the slate tbh.

Which means all the more reason to believe Brie Larson is gonna wreck shit up early next year.

Related image

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

On a side note I can see a handful of films in the $200M-$300M range: Ant Man 2, Fallout, Venom, Halloween, Bohemian, Grinch, Beasts 2, Ralph 2, Aquaman, Bumblebee, and Spiderverse. Poppins and Robin will be at $300M+

'Where the hell are people getting Christopher Robin at $300M+?!!  I mean, I loved the trailer and all but no way does this movie get past $300M domestic.  If it gets to $200M, that would be more than beating expectations.

• Like 1

Just now, L Silverman said:

'Where the hell are people getting Christopher Robin at $300M+?!!  I mean, I loved the trailer and all but no way does this movie get past $300M domestic.  If it gets to $200M, that would be more than beating expectations.

Thicc legs

The end of the year is so bereft of potential big openers it makes me question even more why Disney or LF was adamant about that Memorial date for Solo.  Yes they have Poppins but Christmas probably could have supported both and with more separation from the big openers and maybe more time to market it and separate it from TLJ it could possibly have done $100m opening and/or maybe hit $300m domestic with holiday legs.   Even an October opening might have been better for it.  Disney is going to have 3 months between CR and Nutcracker where they don't release a movie.

• Like 4

Yeah, Christopher Robin looks really cute but I have no idea why people are predicting so high for it. Should be a nice $30M/$125M late summer run.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

The end of the year is so bereft of potential big openers it makes me question even more why Disney or LF was adamant about that Memorial date for Solo.  Yes they have Poppins but Christmas probably could have supported both and with more separation from the big openers and maybe more time to market it and separate it from TLJ it could possibly have done $100m opening and/or maybe hit $300m domestic with holiday legs.   Even an October opening might have been better for it.  Disney is going to have 3 months between CR and Nutcracker where they don't release a movie.

Solo was a lost cause no matter where it opened tbh.

Just now, mathemetrics said:

wow, no numbers?  How are theaters looking?  How is the weather?  Do you see audience growing towards larger numbers with each showing?

Why the weather sure is pleasant on this nice June night in Florida, thank you very much.

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

Disney would have been better off moving Nutcracker and the Four Realms to Memorial and Solo to first weekend in November with Ralph for Thanksgiving or vice versa.

• ...wtf 1

Disney would have been better off moving Nutcracker and the Four Realms to Memorial and Solo to first weekend in November with Ralph for Thanksgiving or vice versa.

Ah yes, The Nutcracker, a movie based on a Christmas ballet...should have been released in May.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Astonished 1

4 hours ago, Brainbug said:

No. You are dead. This is actually hell. Endless flame wars and fanboy debates drive you insane, before you will break and in the process get a year-long ban from Satan himself (@CJohn), during you will suffer all sorts of physical torture such as watching The Oogieloves for 24 hours. Every day, every week.

following the box office, along with so many other things, make a good point for a vision of hell. 

Oogieloves 24 hour watch, however, would be my most dire sentence of hell.  😉