CJohn

BOX OFFICE THEORY WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM WEEKEND THREAD | 150 OW OFFICIAL ESTIMATE | No Spoilers, Read Rules First Post! | First Post Updated with Sale Info

2 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

A rather rare 3D box office update for JW:FK

Overall, Imax and premium large format repped 21% of Fallen Kingdom‘s weekend or $31.5M.  Imax alone accounted for 9% of the seque’s domestic weekend with $13M at 410 auditoriums. Nine out of the top ten domestic locations featured an Imax screen.  Of “Fallen Kingdom’s” $711 million haul, $380 million came from 3D ticket sales, along with $105 million from RealD 3D. 

wow!  might even have outperformed Solo: Star Wars %-wise in these

• Astonished 2

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

I'll meet in the middle and say it's well directed but lacking monster mayhem. Still way more interesting than Rampage

I admit, the movie lacks at least another 5 minutes of mayhem/Godzilla screentime.

Godzilla 2014 is dull as dishwater and features a terrible lead character who nobody cared about. It's horrendous legs were well deserved. I hope that lessons were learned when it comes to the sequel. 

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

I'll meet in the middle and say it's well directed but lacking monster mayhem. Still way more interesting than Rampage

Well shot, wouldn't call any movie that featured those performances well directed

2 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Godzilla 2014 is dull as dishwater and features a terrible lead character who nobody cared about. It's horrendous legs were well deserved. I hope that lessons were learned when it comes to the sequel. 

I love Godzilla movies and I agree with this pretty much.

Rampage wasn’t anything great but I was at least entertained and had some fun. 

• Like 2

Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

Edwards is not a good director.

He cant direct actors well. However, the movie itself is stunningly shot and has the best cinematograhy out of the 2014 blockbusters. How much of that is Edwards influence and how much the Cinematographeur himself isnt that certain.

Rogue One is another example. Looks absolutely gorgeous, but the performances...ehhhh.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Either have interesting humans or focus on the monsters but under no circumstances do neither