Asyulus

INCREDIBLES 2 Weekend |🏆| ACTUALS: 182.7M OW | O8 19M, Tag 14.9M, Solo 10M, DP2 8.7M, IW 5.4M

3 minutes ago, The Incredible Panda said:

That also doesn’t mean that’ll be the demo for its entire run.  It’ll likely become more family-centric the longer it stays in theaters.

Alright bud keep convincing yourself this is gonna get close to a 4x

Just now, That One Guy said:

Alright dude, don’t be disappointed when it caps out at “only” 550M.

I swear some of you guys are just setting yourselves up for disappointment

Anything less than $2b WW and $700m domestic is an automatic disappointment! Isn't that apparent by now? :ph34r:

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The rest of the summer is looking really promising. Jurassic World is likely gonna make $150M next weekend, and then July has Ant-Man, Hotel Transylvania, Mamma Mia, and Mission: Impossible all looking at openings ranging from $40M to $80M. And then August has a number of movies to watch out for (Christopher Robin, The Spy Who Dumped Me, Crazy Rich Asians, and The Happytime Murders all have potential).

I agree except that I think Jurassic world will be bigger than that. Right around the same level as Incredibles 2 imo. And yeah, July looks solid all throughout with mi6 dominating the end of July/August with a few decent hits in August as well

1 minute ago, The Incredible Panda said:

It’ll be closer to a 4x multi than 3x

So at least 3.5x

that would mean a total of

170M OW: 595M

175M OW: 612.5M

180M OW: 630M (that would be higher than TLJ)

Also if I2 get's above 600M:

Dec: TLJ

Jan: /

Feb: BP

March: /

April: IW

May:  /

June: I2

Every second month a 600M film, despite this being just the 9th film.

and six of those will be from Disney, with four being out of the last half year.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Taruseth said:

So at least 3.5x

that would mean a total of

170M OW: 595M

175M OW: 612.5M

180M OW: 630M (that would be higher than TLJ)

Also if I2 get's above 600M:

Dec: TLJ

Jan: /

Feb: BP

April: IW

May:  /

June: I2

Every second month a 600M film, despite this being just the 9th film.

and six of those will be from Disney, with four being out of the last half year.

July: /

August: CR

September: /

November: WiR2 

October: /

December: MPR

January: / 

Feburary: CM (If she moves early)

April: A2

That's a lot of big movies, we've figure out Disney's plan now

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

10 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

We won't really have a real feel for the multi until after next weekend. Until then, lotta puffing of chests going on.

It'll be interesting to see what Monday is.

If it's bigger than usual, then that would indicate it's acting like a Marvel movie, which would indicate shorter legs, whereas a smaller Monday indicates more family biz which would suggest longer legs.

Kinda ironic that to have better legs, you need to make less on weekdays 

Edited by feasby007
it was a load of crap

5 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

It'll be interesting to see what Monday is.

If it's bigger than usual, then that would indicate it's acting like a Marvel movie, which would indicate shorter legs, whereas a smaller Monday indicates more family biz which would suggest longer legs.

Kinda ironic that to have better legs, you need to make less on weekdays 🤔

Didn't Dory have bonkers weekday numbers? Not sure I buy that especially with schools being out now. I don't know the percentage of schools out right now but I bet someone here does already. I thought this past Friday was the last day for most schools. I'd think the number of kids out of school for summer has to be at least over 70%. Then again, I pulled that out of my ass. Anyone have that number? Sometimes Deadline reports it.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 3

What do you know, a sequel to a loved movie from over 10 years ago is making some dollar.

Good marketing, Good film, good original = dollar

imagine what biggest marketing push of all time, incredible original and even better sequel 10+ years later will look like? Wonder when we'll see this.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Didn't Dory have bonkers weekday numbers? Not sure I buy that especially with schools being out now. I don't know the percentage of schools out right now but I bet someone here does already. I thought this past Friday was the last day for most schools. I'd think the number of kids out of school for summer has to be at least over 70%. Then again, I pulled that out of my ass. Anyone have that number? Sometimes Deadline reports it.

Just now, The Incredible Panda said:

Weekday numbers will be big because it’s summer.  If anything, if it’s more weekend heavy then it’ll likely indicate a lot more adult appeal

Oh crap my bad, I forgot it's Summer.

This is what happens when you're in the UK, summer doesn't start till late July and its currently miserable outside...

• Like 2