A Marvel Fanboy

Tron: Ares | October 10, 2025 | Jared Leto to star, Joachim Ronning to direct

Why do you keep posting that same message after my posts then even if people already answered?

Why do you care so much why I do care?

Don't need anyone's approval to post my opinion whether you like it or not. It's an internet forum. Deal with it, Sir.

Edited by dashrendar44

Why do you keep posting that same message after my posts then even if people already answered?

Why do you care so much why I do care?

Don't need anyone's approval to post my opinion whether you like it or not. It's an internet forum. Deal with it, Sir.

No one said you need someone's approval. You are free to do what you wanna do. Spread your hate.

Yeah because TR3N will do a billion even if Tron Legacy with all Disney marketing blitz and hullabaloo barely broke even, it only appealed to fans and was lackluster. People that didn't care for the story of TL will not show up to see the third. It's not like GA desperately crave to see what's next.

There are not enough Tron fans in the world to generate $400m in box office, believe me. The Simpsons even did a skit years ago joking about the fact that no one but Homer had seen the first movie! Since Tron fans are a tiny minority, you have to look at its performance as if it was an original sci-fi movie with no stars, and in that respect it did respectable business. Disney just overspent (like they do on everything).

There are not enough Tron fans in the world to generate $400m in box office, believe me. The Simpsons even did a skit years ago joking about the fact that no one but Homer had seen the first movie! Since Tron fans are a tiny minority, you have to look at its performance as if it was an original sci-fi movie with no stars, and in that respect it did respectable business. Disney just overspent (like they do on everything).

The funny thing is...I don't think they originally planned on spending so much. But then they did, and the performance wasnt quite good enough in comparison.Don't ask me how I know that I'll never tell.Still liked the movie. Story was weak, lacked the sense of adventure the first had and Garret was a weak lead...yet I still loved it I dunno why. Here's hoping the sequel happens. Edited by kowhite

Why do you care so much that I do care? Why does it bother you? Chill out.

Disney will not pay a fortune to get this third movie made if it only appeal to fans and doesn't expand on GA significantly because TR didn't generate as much profits proportionately that the amount of money they have invested in that property led them to believe. ("Invest big, bigger profits") That's a fact.

X-Men First Class made a similar amount on a similar budget and they feel they can make a more appealing sequel so why not the same for  Tron? Also, Tron made most of  its money through merchandising (I read in an article it was the top selling movie merchandise of 2010) and Soundtrack sales

X-Men First Class made a similar amount on a similar budget and they feel they can make a more appealing sequel so why not the same for Tron? Also, Tron made most of its money through merchandising (I read in an article it was the top selling movie merchandise of 2010) and Soundtrack sales

Well, I imagine cause XMen was received better and... If Fox doesn't make more Xmen movies they have something to lose...the license. With Tron, well, they didnt make money...and they lose nothing not making a sequel except the opportunity to lose more money.They still could make it if they think this'll make more 3rd time round though. Edited by kowhite

Well, I imagine cause XMen was received better and... If Fox doesn't make more Xmen movies they have something to lose...the license. With Tron, well, they didnt make money...and they lose nothing not making a sequel except the opportunity to lose more money.They still could make it if they think this'll make more 3rd time round though.

I assumed they would not make a sequel since they now have Marvel and Star Wars so they have no reason to really make a third Tron but it looks like they are. So they must really see some potential here

I assumed they would not make a sequel since they now have Marvel and Star Wars so they have no reason to really make a third Tron but it looks like they are. So they must really see some potential here

I imagine cause Lucasfilm and Marvel are kind of their own entities compared to Disney live action. And when it comes to Disney live action...they don't have much to work with besides Pirates ( at least in terms of known franchises).

Or they got money to burn.  :D

Jokes aside, I think a sequel would do worse domestically, but better overseas.  Probably not much of an overall increase, so they would be wise to keep the budget not much more than $150M.

• Like 1