A Marvel Fanboy

Tron: Ares | October 10, 2025 | Jared Leto to star, Joachim Ronning to direct

They should just try to make it for $175 million. Or possibly less.

There is an audience for it. Especially if they kick it up a notch and make it the best in the trilogy. Disney needs to give the same attention and care tot heir own franchises that they seem to give to PIXAR, Lucasfilm and Marvel.

If you see Garrett Hedlund in On The Road, you'll see that he's anything but a wooden actor. Blame the script, but really, he was fine in Tron Legacy.

He was fine in TL the same way Hayden Christenson was fine in the ST prequels. Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 2

I was dragged to TL by my cousins and it was torture. <_< The acting from leads are subpar, story is so-so. The visual, which is what it's big on, I was not able to experienced that day. The theater used a shit projector or something, and the 3D induced so much painful headache that I end up walking out from the movie early. :mellow:

Is this one a direct sequel? 

Edited by Sam

I was dragged to TL by my cousins and it was torture. <_< The acting from leads are subpar, story is so-so. The visual, which is what it's big on, I was not able to experienced that day. The theater used a shit projector or something, and the 3D induced so much painful headache that I end up walking out from the movie early. :mellow:

Is this one a direct sequel? 

Projector was fine unless you and I watched it in the same auditorium in the same threater in the same city. Which I doubt it. Headache was horrible on my side too.The whole thing was pain to the eyes.

Acting was indeed subpar. I don`t care how great Hedlund is in some indie flick nobody bothers to see not even for KStew boobs. He was completely wooden in his second blockbuster (he was block of wood previously in Troy) so from my POV he`s the Next Colin Farrell - sucks as the big movie lead or big movie supporting, excellent in small movies either as a lead or quirky supporting.

Wilde needs to go back to waiting tables. She`s terrible and a proven poison.

Edited by fishnets
  • Like 1

If you see Garrett Hedlund in On The Road, you'll see that he's anything but a wooden actor. Blame the script, but really, he was fine in Tron Legacy.

How about you take it easy when you talk to me alright.

And don't be calling me no f**king dishwasher man, I'll slap your monkey face all over this place!

Projector was fine unless you and I watched it in the same auditorium in the same threater in the same city. Which I doubt it. Headache was horrible on my side too.The whole thing was pain to the eyes.

Acting was indeed subpar. I don`t care how great Hedlund is in some indie flick nobody bothers to see not even for KStew boobs. He was completely wooden in his second blockbuster (he was block of wood previously in Troy) so from my POV he`s the Next Colin Farrell - sucks as the big movie lead or big movie supporting, excellent in small movies either as a lead or quirky supporting.

Wilde needs to go back to waiting tables. She`s terrible and a proven poison.

"some indie flick nobody bothers to see"

Keep on spreading the BS Fish, you're on a roll, yeah, you know, there are not only blockbusters in this world......

I do love how the adjective wooden is used for so many actors, if would be nice to actually know what that means.

Acting is not necessarily (and you do understand what it is, when you well, actually act) about being over the top or exaggerating your facial expressions, not all actors are super expressive, that doesnt mean they're wooden, or anything, most of the time, it's underlying, low-key.

I'm not saying Hedlund was great in Tron Legacy, but he is fine. But we all know what it comes down to: a good script, and good direction. Look at Christensen indeed like someone mentioned him here, he is not ALL bad in the SW prequels, he is actually decent in the third one, it's just that Lucas is horrible at directing actors (captain Obvious I know). Christensen actually is a good actor (hell, he got several nominations for Life As A House).

Hedlund was fine in Troy too, but he is very good in Four Brothers. 

OH AND FISH

Colin Farrell CAN act, he's fantastic in In Bruges, and Eyes Of War among oth ers.

Edited by Sheldon Cooper