YM!

Weekend Thread | Hotel 3 $44.1 Skyscraper 25.4, Ant Man’s size does matter with $28.8M

6 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

What @That One Guy said was irrelevant, arguably dumb. Doesn't answer my question. 👎

AMW could rebound, but right now it's looking pretty weak. 

Its budget is 162 and it's gonna do north of 500 WW, probably over 600, without a doubt. Disappointment? Absolutely. Flop? It doesn't have a 300M budget, so nope.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

What @That One Guy said was irrelevant, arguably dumb. Doesn't answer my question. 👎

AMW could rebound, but right now it's looking pretty weak. 

AntMan2 is at 28 million now? That's a 62 % decrease from its OW.

Hmmm, I suspect this won't rebound like SMH.

What's good for other films is good for this. If other films drop on this level and are immediately deemed "WOM flops," whyc can't this one?

Doesn't seem like audiences are loving this or that WOM is stellar.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Lucasmessi12 said:

Ant man And Wasp budget is $162m according Deadline, its so big as Suicide Squad or Jurassic World, and bigger than Wonder Woman, Logan, Deadpool 2,  Budgets, Why do some people here talk like the budget of this movie was one of the smallest in superhero/blockbusters movies ever? he is not, he has a budget as big as most blockbusters, and bigger than some others blockbusters.

Again, because it is the MCU, and people here love to make excuses for those.

The film is the rare MCU film that is not making audiences enraptured, so let's not pretend that the WOM is fantastic.

1 minute ago, StevenG said:

The film is the rare MCU film that is not making audiences enraptured, so let's not pretend that the WOM is fantastic.

We get it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, StevenG said:

5 minutes ago, StevenG said:

AntMan2 is at 28 million now? That's a 62 % decrease from its OW.

Hmmm, I suspect this won't rebound like SMH.

What's good for other films is good for this. If other films drop on this level and are immediately deemed "WOM flops," whyc can't this one?

Doesn't seem like audiences are loving this or that WOM is stellar.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

So far for my Survivor I only have two big fuckups everything is pretty much spot on or very close or off by a little.

I blew it on Eighth Grade. The higher Skyscraper goes the better 

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

I blew it on Eighth Grade. The higher Skyscraper goes the better 

I massively fucked up on The First Purge. Agreed on Skyscraper. Eighth Grade was spot on.

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

Because it opened on Wednesday (where it had a gimmick) which led to a depressed 3-day. Had it opened on a Friday, the drop would be much uglier.

Bottom line is TFP is going to come in close to 70 million.  Quite an accomplishment for a fourth film in the series.  The films are incredibly consistent.  You can chalk up another another 100 mill WW for this one as well.  Im sure there will be a fourth.  I don't think this one is as good as the other two sequels, but audiences clearly like these films so I think they will keep making them.

3 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

JWFK still can't stop the drop...it really might need a Rampage push to $400M at this point...

I know many of you might have been shocked by that a few weeks ago, but it still can't stop its weekend bleeds (at least in these estimates), and it has a lot of movies opening to take its theaters over the next 2 weekends (I'm foreseeing some big drops in theaters coming for the rest of July)...

Yep, I thought it would get past 400 easily, maybe even get to 410-420 but another 50% drop this weekend is not a good sign.  It's still going to clear 1.2 billion WW so all is not doom and gloom but the domestic numbers are pretty disappointing outside of the first weekend.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Remember when Deadpool 2 dropped 65% on a holiday weekend and still managed to get a 2.5x+ without the full effect of summer weekdays?

Me too. Ant-Man is still going to hit 200M.

Yes, I agree.  It seems like a lot of super hero movies have huge drops in the second weekend now.  But they recover nice enough to see a decent multiplier.  It will get to 200.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Remember when Deadpool 2 dropped 65% on a holiday weekend and still managed to get a 2.5x+ without the full effect of summer weekdays?

Me too. Ant-Man is still going to hit 200M.

Well, it must feel real good to release their pent-up resentment after all these years