grim22

The Curse of La Llorona | April 19 2019 | WB/New Line | James Wan producing

1 minute ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

According to DL, Warner spent only $30m in marketing for this. They surely dumped it, considering The Nun had a $90m campaign while TC2 was $100m, this is going to be highly profitable considering the low costs and how huge it's doing OS.

Too bad it's doing no favors to the franchise.

The trades confirmed: WB don’t consider it as connected.

Yeh looks like it’s going to be a decent money maker. That’s a great international start too, especially the Mexico number.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

The trades confirmed: WB don’t consider it as connected.

Yeh looks like it’s going to be a decent money maker. That’s a great international start too, especially the Mexico number.  

Well, Warner surely pushed that "from producers of TCU" angle on marketing. But I'm glad they noticed it's going to hurt the brand, I hope for a course correction ASAP, firing this guy from TC3 should be the first step. 

5 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

Well, Warner surely pushed that "from producers of TCU" angle on marketing. But I'm glad they noticed it's going to hurt the brand, I hope for a course correction ASAP, firing this guy from TC3 should be the first step. 

I can’t give any opinion here, I haven’t seen the film yet 

8 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

I have, and it’s baaaaaaaad. It’s not a case of TN where we can at least say there’s a good direction behind a mess of script. Here it’s a perfect blend of bad direction and bad script.

That’s a shame you didn’t like it. 

I’ll see it first weekend in May when it’s out here 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

That’s a shame you didn’t like it. 

I’ll see it first weekend in May when it’s out here 

The biggest problem really is the script. It is such a weak script. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2019/04/22/who-decides-if-curse-of-la-llorona-counts-as-a-conjuring-movie/#85d227852601

That’s a really interesting article.

I’m glad that Warner is desperately (lol) trying to deny any connection between this movie and TCU, which just reinforces that they actually care about the critical reception of this franchise, they see it as more than an easy cash grab, and, despite knowing that a stronger connection with TCU could’ve helped it even more, they prefer to hide it trying to lower the damage on the brand.

It also gives me hope that Annabelle: Comes Home is going to be good, I’m already sold based on the great trailer alone.

It also reinforces how strong the brand is, if with a small connection it already helped it to beat the tracking by a large margin, how much it would’ve made with a real connection? 

Just for the record: every single TCU movie has beat the tracking by a large margin, it wasn’t different with La Lrona. 

Well, if the bad reviews are a problem, then WB shouldn't consider The Nun part of The Conjuring Universe, then.

I mean, The Nun got worse reviews and a worse tomatometer than The Curse of the La Llorona. The CinemaScore for The Nun ( C ) is the worst in the franchise.

My first reflex for a so obviously set in the same universe movie (share some characters) but not marketed has such was the long giant law suit against it, but this was setted off court and The Nun was connected anyway.