sfran43

Thursday's Numbers:

6 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Where is the weekend mega-thread for the blockbuster of the summer Mama Mia?

:sarah:

Same thing happened for Incredibles 2.  No respect for big blockbusters that aren’t targeted at white Internet fanboys.  Shame

Edited by Pandamia!
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Where is the weekend mega-thread for the blockbuster of the summer Mama Mia?

:sarah:

Just now, Pandamia! said:

Same thing happened for Incredibles 2.  No respect for big blockbusters that aren’t targeted at white Internet fanboysinternet fanboys.  Shame

If it doesn't open with this gif:

Image result for let's get the party started gif

We might as well shut down the site.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Those come out in an hour or so.

Eighth Grade is something of a beast so far. 

How many theaters do you think it can get into? I don't think 1,500-2,000 is impossible given the first wide expansion isn't for another two weeks. If it posts strong PTAs there, more theaters should pick it up.

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

How many theaters do you think it can get into? I don't think 1,500-2,000 is impossible given the first wide expansion isn't for another two weeks. If it posts strong PTAs there, more theaters should pick it up.

It'll probably peak at about 800 theaters like Boyhood did a few summers ago. As long as it continues to play its cards well a $20M total isn't off the deck yet, especially if A24 can translate the critical and specialty box office success into Oscar buzz.

19 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

large.jpg

Ant-Wasp and the Bee's numbers

When you have two 670+ DOM / 1.3B WW hits in the same year (one of them at near 700M DOM, the other over 2B WW), you need a sacrificial lamb to keep getting those kind of numbers in the future :redcapes:

3 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

When you have two 670+ DOM / 1.3B WW hits in the same year (one of them at near 700M DOM, the other over 2B WW), you need a sacrificial lamb to keep getting those kind of numbers in the future :redcapes:

if you get two 1.3b WW hits in one year you've almost made as much as Avatar!

9 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Avatar...... you mean the movie based on that Nickelodeon cartoon? It was a great show, I loved it, but that awful Shyamalan movie didn't even deserve to make 5 million, nevermind more than 2.6B+.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

MCU will make well over 4 billion this year, Avatar only 2.7 billion. MCU is way bigger than Avatar is right now. Alita will be bomb.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

MCU will make well over 4 billion this year, Avatar only 2.7 billion. MCU is way bigger than Avatar is right now. Alita will be bomb.

You're sending me mixed messages here KJ I just don't know what to do with you...

• Haha 3