Bluebomb

Intouchables OS - 409.0m!

well, remakes tend to get snubbed upon but are really not that bad a thing if you think about it. I mean, look at the stage, you rarely see a completely new play there, and if you're going for big business, why probably the best thing you can to is produce the 5.383th remake of "Romeo&Juliet" or "Hamlet" or whatever. So, why not re-imagine a story on screen?

well, remakes tend to get snubbed upon but are really not that bad a thing if you think about it. I mean, look at the stage, you rarely see a completely new play there, and if you're going for big business, why probably the best thing you can to is produce the 5.383th remake of "Romeo&Juliet" or "Hamlet" or whatever. So, why not re-imagine a story on screen?

Can you name one American remake of a French orignal, you think at least on par?Perhaps True Lies, but to be honest I don't know the original. Even when they use the original actors like in Mon père, ce héros it loses Je ne sais quoi.

"Breathless" comes to mind, the Richard Gere version was nearly as cool as the J.P.Belmondo one. "The Woman in Red" was also an ok film. And, to depart from french, "The Magnificent 7" is a perfect example how a remake can have merits of its own.And I don't think a remake has to be "better" (questionable category anyway); "different enough to be interesting" is ok with me.btw there'#s a nice list over at Empire: 50 remakes that worked :)

Intouchables has finished its run in Germany after 41 weeks, many of which were spent on top.

While this is sad news, the good news is that the admissions from open air screenings seem to have been missing until now; insidekino has updated the numbers and Germany's admissions are now a whopping

which enabled Intouchables to overtake not only "Finding Nemo" on the all-time chart, now it's also in front of "Dirty Dancing" and "Ice Age 3", nr. 22 on Germany's all-time chart since 1968. YEAH!

now it is in the top 20 with 8.821.913

it passed IA2 and IA3 (like passing Lion King and Finding Nemo in the US)

Edited by Rudolf

Is this a 2012 release. Then it must be most impressive performer for the year. Probably even more than Avengers or Skyfall.

Well, proportionally, Germany Intouchables' performance is not more impressive than Avengers' 623 million in US, but given the genre of the movie, this is the most impressive (and deserved) global OS performance I have ever seen. In fact, French number is something like 800 or 900 million in US. Edited by peludo

Well, proportionally, Germany Intouchables' performance is not more impressive than Avengers' 623 million in US, but given the genre of the movie, this is the most impressive (and deserved) global OS performance I have ever seen. In fact, French number is something like 800 or 900 million in US.

almost TA-like in Germany, but if you factor in 3D and IMAX, not much is missing

Posted Image

• Like 1

almost TA-like in Germany, but if you factor in 3D and IMAX, not much is missing

Posted Image

:blink: . I made a huge mistake calculating. It is absolutely awesome what this movie has done. Thanks for correcting me. I absolutely love the movie and as bigger numbers it can do as better.

It's now at AUD4,562,125 in Australia and will probably hit USD5m this weekend if it has a similar hold to last weekend. It will probably lose most of its screens by Boxing Day so I suspect a finish around $5.6-5.8m Aussie Dollars. Might just hit USD6m