Seto Kaiba

Lilo & Stitch | Live-action | Dean Fleischer-Camp (Marcel the Shell) directs

"Lilo & Stitch, the 2002 animated movie from Walt Disney Feature Animation, is getting the live-action treatment, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. 

The studio has hired up-and-comer Mike Van Waes to pen the script for the remake that will be produced by Dan Lin and Jonathan Eirich of Rideback. The two are already known in the Disney halls as they working on the high-profile live-action remake of Aladdin.

It is unclear whether the feature project, which is intended to be a live-action/CG hybrid, is intended for theatrical release or for Disney's streaming service that launches in 2019.

Rideback’s Ryan Halprin is co-producing.

Van Waes is better known in Hollywood circles as a writer of horror fare. He wrote The Crooked Man, based on a character from New Line’s The Conjuring 2 and that is being developed as a Conjuring Universe spinoff. He also wrote Not in Kansas, a Wizard of Oz-themed horror project also set up at New Line."

Edited by Seto Kaiba
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hades said:

2002 films are getting live action  remakes now...:hahaha:

I know Disney are running out of cash grab classic animated films but, seriously??? We getting live-action Frozen before Frozen 3 for sure..

Tbh... I wouldn’t mind a live action Treasure Planet or Atlantis.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

It’s only a matter of time before we get a live action Frozen. I wish Disney could show some restraint for once, but that won’t happen until these live action remakes stop making money, which doesn’t seem likely. 

Oh they will stop  making money for sure eventually, when they start considering making stuff like Home on the range. They will soon burn through all the top animated films. That day is coming, a lot sooner than we all think.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

17 minutes ago, Hades said:

They better not. Both will bomb worse than their animated counterparts. 

Just produce them, film them, and place them on Memorial Day weekend ... it's a done deal.

Jokes aside, I would love a Treasure Planet live action movie. Not a direct "animation to liveaction" translation (original story was kind of flat and simple), but taking the main idea of Treasure Planet and make a "space pirates of the caribbean thing" could work as a fantasy/action movie for Memorial Day weekend. I guess the same goes for Atlantis (never saw that one though) 

5 minutes ago, meriodejaneiro said:

Just produce them, film them, and place them on Memorial Day weekend ... it's a done deal.

Jokes aside, I would love a Treasure Planet live action movie. Not a direct "animation to liveaction" translation (original story was kind of flat and simple), but taking the main idea of Treasure Planet and make a "space pirates of the caribbean thing" could work as a fantasy/action movie for Memorial Day weekend. I guess the same goes for Atlantis (never saw that one though) 

Disney +Memorial Day Weekend +bloated, over budget Treasure Planet liveaction film. What could go wrong. :apocalypse:

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Hades said:

Oh they will stop  making money for sure eventually, when they start considering making stuff like Home on the range. They will soon burn through all the top animated films. That day is coming, a lot sooner than we all think.

In any case, there’s no chance of Aladdin or especially The Lion King (how is that even going to be live action?) flopping, so this trend is going to continue for at least another few years. 

2 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

sneakytom.jpg

I guess I just have trouble believing that a remake of one of Disney’s most successful properties of their Renaissance era would flop, regardless of it possibly being bad. I certainly have no interest in it, but people these days are suckers for a nostalgia cash grab. Then again, I wasn’t expecting Solo: A Star Wars Story to not even manage to cross $400 million worldwide, so who knows? 

1 hour ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Disney does not remake animated films that were huge bombs.

And Treausre PLanet was one of the biggest animated failures in Disney History.

21 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Disney does not remake animated films that were huge bombs.

And Treausre PLanet was one of the biggest animated failures in Disney History.

Aren't they making a live action version of the books The Sword in the Stone was based off of?

I'm reaching, yeah.