Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

7 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Does BOP base anything on actual tracking and real numbers? \

Seems like they just figured +/- 10% of BP1's opening for BPWF's opening. Then, it seems like they figured a range of multipliers from previous November movies for the domestic total.

BOP doesn’t track like we do, but yes they have data to back up their predictions.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Does BOP base anything on actual tracking and real numbers? \

Seems like they just figured +/- 10% of BP1's opening for BPWF's opening. Then, it seems like they figured a range of multipliers from previous November movies for the domestic total.

A) yes

B ) the “seems like they just” is a pretty decent way to go about it all things considered

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, cax16 said:

People are allowed to watch these movies and be excited for them and not be fully invested in the whole mcu. Who are you to question why they’re posting here? 

People can post anything and anywhere they want. However, I don't care about Halloween Ends and I am really not that interested in Black Adam. But I don't go posting on the thread for those movies saying "I really don't care about this movie". I just don't post there. If I did post there, I would probably get and deserve the same question. It wasn't meant as an insult. It was clearly just asking "why are you saying you don't care in a thread about a movie you don't care about?". Seems pretty legit to me.

5 minutes ago, jedijake said:

People can post anything and anywhere they want. However, I don't care about Halloween Ends and I am really not that interested in Black Adam. But I don't go posting on the thread for those movies saying "I really don't care about this movie". I just don't post there. If I did post there, I would probably get and deserve the same question. It wasn't meant as an insult. It was clearly just asking "why are you saying you don't care in a thread about a movie you don't care about?". Seems pretty legit to me.

But they didn't say they didn't care about the movie or aren't watching the movie. They said they don't care about the greater MCU (meaning the effect of the time jump isn't their concern because they're not worried about how it effects the MCU at large.)

Edited by Wolverpool XXR
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, jedijake said:

Interesting. Not sure if anyone posted this. Not sure how I feel about this.

https://screenrant.com/black-panther-2-time-jump-story-details-updates/

I’m just wondering what their explanation will be for T’Challa’s death. Are they going to say he died of cancer like in real life, or will he have died protecting Wakanda? 

17 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Nope, seemed more like you were being a defensive fanboy and you didn’t actually read the post clearly and just jumped to conclusions. 

I don’t really need to go any further here, @Wolverpool XXR already explained why you were wrong. 

Edited by cax16

1 hour ago, jedijake said:

But yet you posted here?

I just like the BP movies, most of the stuff I liked was in Phase 1. I haven't watched anything else of Phase [whatever this one is] besides a bit of MK.

I well and truly thought we as a society moved past the need for people to love the MCU 100%, but I guess not.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

So, if there's a time jump, shouldn't the new Black Panther be picked when we open the movie?

Good question. Understood if it isn't immediate, but a whole year? I guess that will have to be explained. Or maybe it was always just mean to be a male heir (which is not always possible). We shall see.

I do understand, a bit, why they are making it a time jump. Having T'Challa's death happen on screen or very recently might tap into some of the trauma of just having lost him.