WrathOfHan

Gladiator 2 | November 22, 2024 | DENZEL IS REUNITING WITH RIDLEY?!

1 minute ago, cinema pal said:

well, no bloodthirsty apes were shown, so I disappointed

much bigger problem than some silly song

We already got the bloodthirsty ape film this year. Ridley didn't want to do a repeat.

kingdom-of-the-planet-of-the-apes-cornel

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Jaxon5 said:

The last time a movie had nothing but negative online reactions was Avatar 2's trailers

I don't remember that. I remember some saying "who cares", but overall reaction was more or less positive.

1 minute ago, Firepower said:

I don't remember that. I remember some saying "who cares", but overall reaction was more or less positive.

Yeah, who cares about the sequel to the biggest movie of all time. Some people just love to complain.

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Jaxon5 said:

The last time a movie had nothing but negative online reactions was Avatar 2's trailers and that became the 3rd biggest movie of all time so in a world where being negative is the new cool, I'm going to see the mass engagement as a good sign 🙂

On twitter after the trailers Wonka became a big joke too and then come with great numbers. 

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Firepower said:

If I'm wrong and it makes a billion, I'll admit it. But if it does something something 300-400 mln, I'm gonna have my last laugh.

A billion seems like a very high bench mark for success for an R rated adult drama. plus why a 600m gap between you being right and wrong lol

If Oppenheimer didn’t quite get there, why would Gladiator 2? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

A billion seems like a very high bench mark for success for an R rated adult drama. plus why a 600m gap between you being right and wrong lol

cause it's the sequel of one of the most famous movie of the 2000s? And not only became a cult with the time but made alrady 500M back in the 2000. Which means with with actual inflation + Imax should make it now with 1/3 of the tickets of the time (and i mean the 500M mark). 

58 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

We already got the bloodthirsty ape film this year. Ridley didn't want to do a repeat.

kingdom-of-the-planet-of-the-apes-cornel

WHAT A WONDERFUL DAY (for BOT to melt down over a trailer song that absolutely no one in real life will never mention)

Posted (edited)

Why would anyone think putting a Kanye song in your trailer is a good idea in 2024? It also seems distinctly hypocritical coming from Paramount.  

To be clear, I’m not saying this will negatively impact the movie. It’s just a bafflingly tone-deaf idea, given all of Kanye’s controversies over the past few years. Then again, I suppose Paramount is pretty good at not reading the room. 

Edited by WittyUsername

5 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

cause it's the sequel of one of the most famous movie of the 2000s? And not only became a cult with the time but made alrady 500M back in the 2000. Which means with with actual inflation + Imax should make it now with 1/3 of the tickets of the time (and i mean the 500M mark). 

There’s dozens of sequels to highly succesful movies that failed and the post pandemic market is way more troubled, despite a few huge hits many movies are flopping hard, even with inflation and IMAX.

I don’t think expecting 1B for this to admit it’s a success is a fair pov honestly

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

There’s dozens of sequels to highly succesful movies that failed and the post pandemic market is way more troubled, despite a few huge hits many movies are flopping hard, even with inflation and IMAX.

I don’t think expecting 1B for this to admit it’s a success is a fair pov honestly

everything can fail. But movies are not made to fail. So no reason to ask "why this movie should make money". Cause it's the sequel of the Gladiator, this is why they spend 200-300M to make it. Cause they want it to be the next Top Gun. 

My point was about saying "why this should make more than oppenheimer". Oppenheimer was made to make 400-500M. Then made 1B cause surprises can happen. This is made to try to make 1B dollars with that budget. Then can make 500m but you don't make a sequel 25 years after with the final target to make less than 25 years before.

Edited by vale9001

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Because it cost $310+ mln to make, it needs to gross a billion to be profitable. 300-400 mln gross would be a giant flop. And by the way, I don't believe for one second it'll make anywhere near a billion or even 800 mln, muted response to trailer only solidifies it.

Edited by Firepower

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Because it cost $310+ mln to make, it needs to make a billion to be profitable. 300-400 mln gross is a giant flop for this. And by the way I don't believe for one second it'll make anywhere near a billion or even 800 mln, muted response to trailer only solidifies it.

I'm not sure about a very very big success in the Us but it's gonna be very big globally. You better be prepared 😇

Edited by vale9001

Posted (edited)

Those saying 1 billion is the benchmark for G2 is setting themselves up for disappointment, or are straight up trolling when it come under that.

Also budget for this movie is insane! Did they build a real life colosseum? Isn't Connie Nielsen the only returning actor from the original from the trailer?

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Making its money back and turn a profit is a fair measure of success. Maybe break even point here is a bit lower than a billion, but not by much.

The movie looks at least like a crowd pleaser and with lots of action. I'm thinking this will do very well in Europe. 

Second half of the year is full of wildcards and I love it. I find it boring when it is too safe to predict what movies will do. Safest bet for a breakout is probably Moana 2. Gladiator II, Wicked, Beetlejuice 2, Mufasa, War of the Rohirrim, The Wild Robot, even Venom 3 can all break out or be complete flops. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Those saying 1 billion is the benchmark for G2 is setting themselves up for disappointment, or are straight up trolling when it come under that.

Also budget for this movie is insane! Did they build a real life colosseum? Isn't Connie Nielsen the only returning actor from the original from the trailer?

the strike like with Indiana Jones and Mission impossible is the reason. 

btw i'm not sure about the 1B cause americans seems not to be here anymore for these adults movie but i'm excpeting big things OS so 700M is possible. After all Napoleone made 160M OS. To think this can make 3 times that imo it's not that crazy out of the reality prediction. 

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

I never said I expect it to gross a billion, quite the opposite. I'm just saying it needs to gross money it'll never make to recoup its insane budget.

12 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

I'm not sure about a very very big success in the Us but it's gonna be very big globally. You better be prepared 😇

We'll see, but I doubt it. Everything about it felt off even months ago.

11 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Making its money back and turn a profit is a fair measure of success. Maybe break even point here is a bit lower than a billion, but not by much.

We don’t know the budget, we really should stop believing in budget reports of movies that isn’t even finished yet 

We’re being hearing F1 costs 300M for months now only for the director to come out and debunks it. 

And even if it is 300M … ~800M like someone said is a respectful result for any R Rated movie.

Now if Hollywood can’t be minimally careful about their budgets to a point that even one of the biggest results ever for a Rated R movie wouldn’t be enough, that’s other problem. 

• Like 1