Eric is Quiet

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse l June 2 2023 | Animators deserve better

7 minutes ago, DeVeers said:

2HO3DKx.png

Tweet has been deleted?

The ATSV digital release date is not up to Miller, it is up to Sony who will be the ones to make the announcement. Miller probably realized he shouldn't have said anything.

On 6/8/2023 at 5:14 PM, ZattMurdock said:

And I definitely can see them joining the MCU crew. Working with Marvel Studios compared with Lucasfilm seems like very distinct experiences. Not all under the Mouse’s umbrella it’s the same. I think they literally should bring them to Avengers: Secret Wars by the way. Also introduce the live action take of Miles Morales there btw, it worked somewhat like that with Jonathan Hickman’s Secret Wars last decade.

T%hght the MCU charecter I think is a perfect fir for Lord and Miller would be Howard the Duck...they have the craziness you would need to pull off a Howard movie.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Oh shit here we go again. Go talk with Kevin, Chris and Phil. I can guarantee you won’t have the same experience you had at Lucasfilm.

Problme with Lucasfilm is what lor and Miller  had in imnd for SOLo did not fit in with what the Luxasfilm idea of SW movie was. What is surprising to me is how the hell  it took until fhe film was half finished for Lucas to find this out. 

I don't know if Lord and Miller were ever the right fit for SW, but I think the Solo they would have made, even if a failure, would have at least been an interesting one, instead of the bland faillure we got.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I’m actually thinking… Avengers: Secret Wars.

They would have be a bit more serious for that, though..not sure I like that since I thnk theri sheer insanity is one of the things I like about there work.

1 minute ago, ZattMurdock said:

I’m actually thinking… Avengers: Secret Wars.

that's quite a big task even for them. Have they proved themselves with a live action movie yet? I would also like to see em direct secret wars but honestly I don't see it happening

24 minutes ago, DeVeers said:

2HO3DKx.png

Tweet has been deleted?

12 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

The ATSV digital release date is not up to Miller, it is up to Sony who will be the ones to make the announcement. Miller probably realized he shouldn't have said anything.

The tweet isn´t deleted. The tweet he quoted that said it was releasing in July is the on that has been deleted. Miller tweet is still there. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DeVeers said:

that's quite a big task even for them. Have they proved themselves with a live action movie yet? I would also like to see em direct secret wars but honestly I don't see it happening

6 minutes ago, dudalb said:

They would have be a bit more serious for that, though..not sure I like that since I thnk theri sheer insanity is one of the things I like about there work.

The Russo Brothers came from Community. I think that they have more than proved themselves with the Spider-Verse films.

16 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

John Romita Sr. has passed away. 🖤

Except for Ditko, easily the most influecal of all the Spidey artists.

I prefer Ditko becuase o the bizarre edge he gave to his art, but don't deny Romito's skill.

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Except for Ditko, easily the most influecal of all the Spidey artists.

I prefer Ditko becuase o the bizarre edge he gave to his art, but don't deny Romito's skill.

When I think of old school Spider-Man stories for me as a kid, it’s John Romita Sr.’s and Gil Lane’s art that come to my mind. Crazy how I forgot that he was the co-creator of Wolverine too. He also co-created MJ and Punisher.

8 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

When I think of old school Spider-Man stories for me as a kid, it’s John Romita Sr.’s and Gil Lane’s art that come to my mind. Crazy how I forgot that he was the co-creator of Wolverine too. He also co-created MJ and Punisher.

For me it's Steve Ditko.

MJ is interesting because the charecter was spoken of..but never seen..in the Dikto run. She was the Daughter of  one of Aurn May's friends. and Aunt May was always trying to match her up with Peter, and Peter dodged it, thinking they were trying to pawn off a dog on him, particularly after Gwen entered the picture. That is why when they finally showed her it had such a impact.

• Like 1