Eric the Fall Guy

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse l June 2 2023 | Animators deserve better

4 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

They are also saying BEYOND THE SPIDER-VERSE isn't making that 2024 release.

No way in hell this makes to March ‘24. I could see that November date they announced as a compromise proposed by the studio.

On 6/15/2023 at 7:52 PM, ZattMurdock said:

November 8, 2024 Beyond the Spider-Verse?

June 27, 2025 Spider-Man 4?

I can work with that.

But even this one is hard.

Usually stuff like this comes out if a film tanks, why are they doing this for a film that has overwhelming praise and is beloved? Don't understand the need to release things like this now. I've always assumed Spider-Verse won't make the March release but I still see it being released in 2024.

November seems realistic.

7 minutes ago, JWR said:

Damn. Again? I thought Sony would have learned from Sausage Party.

Capitalists don't care. They love to abuse their employees time and time again just for kicks.

1 minute ago, Cappoedameron said:

Usually stuff like this comes out if a film tanks, why are they doing this for a film that has overwhelming praise and is beloved? Don't understand the need to release things like this now.

It doesn't matter if this is Citizen Kane. Worker abuse should be reported regardless of the movie.

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, JWR said:

Damn. Again? I thought Sony would have learned from Sausage Party.

Sausage Party was animated by an independent studio in Canada, not by Sony themselves.

Edited by cookie

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

there was some fishy interview quotes from the filmmakers on the press tour that made me suspect something like this was the case. not surprised i honestly just assume all big movies are made like this now.

Press tour was an absolute mess. Between Moore trying to flirt with Steinfeld and her absolutely having none of it :bravo: to awkwardness about Beyond, I'm not surprised there were bigger issues behind the scene.