Eric the Fall Guy

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse l June 2 2023 | Animators deserve better

On 6/12/2023 at 10:40 PM, Spidey Freak said:

Word on the streets is that large parts of their Flash script has been retained in the final film.

Interesting . After seeing the last Flash Trailer right before ATSV, and the watching ATSV I thought, "God, it looks a though a lot of the ideas seem an awful lot alike".

Irony is that I think the huge sucess of ATSV, and it doing the Multiverse angle so well, has made the proversible one hell of an act for The FLash to follow.

I wonder if Guillermo del Toro would be interested on working with Marvel Studios on something. I know that he was into the idea of making Justice League Dark but with the DCU reboot that would be premature. There is Swamp Thing but that’s taken for Mangold apparently.

Maybe Midnight Suns? Strange, Blade, Werewolf, Man-Thing, Elsa Bloodstone and IDK, Scarlet Witch? Seeing he pissed off that he can’t get live action films out of the ground pisses me off.

I watched the movie a couple of days ago. Loved it.

It gave me massive Jojo's Bizarre Adventures vibes that I never thought I would see in western animation. Especially the scenes with Gwen and her father, where the color palettes changed with every shot. Visually speaking... this is pure cinema.

Edited by Boxx93
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

2024 is going to be a really dull year if the next movie gets delayed. 

Moved to November? Nah, it will be fine. Deadpool 3 and Captain America: Brave New World during the summer, Beyond the Spider-Verse and Thunderbolts during the holidays. Let the Spider-Verse team cook.

13 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Moved to November? Nah, it will be fine. Deadpool 3 and Captain America: Brave New World during the summer, Beyond the Spider-Verse and Thunderbolts during the holidays. Let the Spider-Verse team cook.

I meant if it gets moved to 2025. 

Mark Brooks, one of the best contemporary Marvel Comics artists:

While I agree, my heart belongs to Across the Spider-Verse.

My current Spider-Man films ranking:

1. Spider-Man: No Way Home

2. Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse

3. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

4. Spider-Man: Homecoming

5. Spider-Man: Far From Home

6. Spider-Man 2

7. The Amazing Spider-Man

8. Spider-Man

9. The Amazing Spider-Man 2

10. Spider-Man 3

Edited by ZattMurdock
  • Like 1

Sad that its performance is really being hampered by 3 200m blockbuster movies coming out after it. It’s still doing great but if they gave it a better release date I feel like it would’ve done 400m domestic 

On 6/17/2023 at 10:55 AM, Flip said:

Sad that its performance is really being hampered by 3 200m blockbuster movies coming out after it. It’s still doing great but if they gave it a better release date I feel like it would’ve done 400m domestic 

it did way above forecasts and is killing it. Could be flash that will lose money or elemental which absolutely bombed

On 6/17/2023 at 10:55 AM, Flip said:

Given that two of the three have bombed big time...