That One Girl

Dec 21-23 Weekend Thread | Sat#'s (Asgard pg 60) - Aqua 21.8, MPR 8.8, BB 7.2, SMSV 6.9, Mule 3.8 | Discuss Pitbull's musical work here

I'd feel more love for Alita if James Cameron actually directed this. Let me take that back, I'd feel more love if it comes out that HE DID direct it. Because there is no conceivable way that Robert directed this, he's not THIS good with effects outside of the look of Sin City. It also explains why Avatar 2 kept changing dates constantly.

This film and the upcoming Terminator is going to test what people think of James Cameron PRODUCED movies. Because the last one, Sanctum didn't do so hot. 

• Knock It Off 1

The miserable bombing of Mortal Engines must make Fox even happier that they decided to banish Alita to February, especially when they decided to release a PG-13 edit of Deadpool 2 for a few days only as their last Christmas release as an individually operating studio instead.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

He cast all these actors people love including Jason Momoa and Gal Gadot, how can you say he doesn't get those characters.

I'm so tired of this BS. WB asked him to make a more grounded and serious Superman film after the massive success of The Dark Knight Trilogy. And then asked him to create a grounded and serious DC universe out of Man Of Steel. It's not really his fault that y'all found it the wrong tone for these movies.

Jesus Christ, you are all horrible people continuing to go after a talented, humble guy who only delivered the job he was asked to do. Sometimes I wish there was a Hell so you all could burn for eternity. Sadly I don't believe there is. Unfortunately we will all have the same fate, fade into nothing. It's fucking tiring to come to these forums to have some fun and end up reading mean shit from devious people who has no remorse in bringing pain to others. 

I'm done with this forum.

Bringing pain to others? Are you having a mental breakdown over people shitting on Snyder's work? It's not like they're insulting him and/or his family as human beings. If that were the case, nobody here would've been supportive of him when he went through that horrible family tragedy last year.... most of us were and still are sane enough to separate rights and wrongs, as well as art and reality/humanity. Yeah, there was an asshole or two who made really crude jokes at the worst time possible, but that's kinda the internet as a whole resumed in a few words: there will always be that one person, but that's not everybody. And yeah, he can be a humble, talented guy for sure. But we don't judge Snyder as a man around these blocks.... at least I don't, since I don't know him personally. We judge him as a filmmaker, and we judge the cinema he makes. And the cinema he makes doesn't cut it for everyone. Plain and simple. Marvel movies don't cut it for you, right? Well, for a lot of others, it's Snyder's DC work that doesn't click with them. And that's fine in either case. No need to get so emotional over it.

Also, (and putting this in spoilers just so it's not in full public view and puts more fuel on the fire):

Spoiler

Just because just because he did what he told, doesn't mean that what he did was actually good :rofl:  It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't the way to go either. To his credit, his casting choices were mostly jackpots - apart from Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor, which always sounded stupid and was very much just that - but that doesn't mean he understands these characters to their core......... well, certainly not Superman, if he thinks making him an emotionless, moping, totally reckless Nolan Batman-wannabe was the way to go, and his version of Superman was the center focus of this universe from the start... so right there, not off to a great beginning. Even in his darkest moments, Superman is the embodiment of hope and the embodiment of never seeing the bad side of things. A true boy scout. No matter if you're going dark or cheesy, you should never lose the point of a character if you're going to say he's still the same character as the others, and this iteration was just way too dry to work, despite Cavill having shown to be a pretty decent casting choice when given the opportunity. But even then, I still feel like maybe these iterations could have worked and there were some fantastic moments out of Snyder's movies that proved their potential, even with (and perhaps thanks to) Snyder at the helm; but the writing was too Godawful for that. Which isn't entirely Snyder's fault, I have to admit (David Goyer sucks balls), but he didn't exactly elevate the material imo. He has unique and interesting visual ideas, but for my money, and I guess for many others' money too, his way of storytelling and structuring on these DCEU films is usually reliant on mostly empty self-righteousness that is basically a pale imitation of what Nolan effortlessly achieves, as well as consistent pacing and story layout issues that usually make his films drags. That doesn't make it wrong to enjoy his films, though, but it's not wrong to kinda take the piss at him for not enjoying them either, despite him having incredible source material to work with and from.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cookie said:

That makes more sense.

john landis wouldn't worship chris nolan. he'd cut off nolan's head and then have his hellspawn child write a "subversive" remake of memento where it's all done in a linear order.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 3

11 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

I'd feel more love for Alita if James Cameron actually directed this. Let me take that back, I'd feel more love if it comes out that HE DID direct it. Because there is no conceivable way that Robert directed this, he's not THIS good with effects outside of the look of Sin City. It also explains why Avatar 2 kept changing dates constantly.

This film and the upcoming Terminator is going to test what people think of James Cameron PRODUCED movies. Because the last one, Sanctum didn't do so hot. 

Sanctum made a profit and it shouldn't have, shows the power of Jim's name alone (30m budget, 108.6m ww). It was seriously poor quality and shouldn't have made any money.

Now with Alita we will have an A to A+ cinemascore, a Jim script, Jim supervision, Jim's VFX crew (they were practicing for Avatar 2 btw) and Dua Lipa's The Swan. Expect a high quality film which will get a bunch of buzz, they're releasing the film internationally before they release it in America so that's another reason why box office pro's tracking will be far out.

It's funny some people see "From the producers of Titanic and Avatar" and think Jim directed it.

DuoXM6mW0AAaSJH.jpg

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1

Just now, filmlover said:

James Cameron’s look of befuddlement and Tarantino (I think?) glowering in the corner kills me every time.

I can't get past that smug Fincher hiding between him and Kubrick

Just now, Star-Lord said:

Have no idea how Aquaman was hovering at 72% - 75% for a week on Rotten Tomatoes, then just in the last 2 days after it was released, plummeted down to 63%.

Huge dive at Rotten Tomatoes in the last 2 days.

Here is my theory as to how it happened: other critics saw it and some of these critics happened to not like it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1