AniNate

The Good Dinosaur | Peter Sohn | BR/DVD release 2-23-2016 | Pixar's first BO flop

1. Finding Nemo2. Toy Story 23. Ratatouille4. Cars5. Monster's inc.6. Toy Story7. The incredibles8. Wall-e9. Monster's university10. Bug's Life11. Toy Story 312. Up13. Cars 214. BraveI love the first 7 on this list. I think Inside Out and The Good Dino will find good position on this list.

This is what I like about Pixar lists. They are so varied.

• Like 1

I love Ratatouille. At the time, it seemed to almost be an unintentional metaphor for how Lasseter (with Catmull and the Pixar brain trust) was going to save Disney animation. Remy = Lasseter, Gusteau = Walt Disney, Skinner = Eisner. Sure, thingd didn't COMPLETELY pan out that way - e.g.. the 2D unit ultimately being shuttered for the second time - but Tangled/WIR/Frozen have arguably "saved" WDAS to the point where they had two consecutive films get more praise than their year's respective PIXAR releases.Either way, even without that, I enjoy it immensely. I enjoyed it even BEFORE Ego's review. My favorite moment is actually when Ego eats the ratatouille and has his flashback - little kid Ego sniffling with the injured knee and the mangled bike just makes me go AWWWWWWWW. It made me go AWWWWWWW when I was 19 and it makes me go AWWWWWWWWW when I'm 26-going-on-27. (Doesn't hurt that I had a nasty bike wipeout when I was 9, for which I still have a scar - and watching that scene again, it was on the same knee in almost the same place! Weird...)

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 1

I love Ratatouille. At the time, it seemed to almost be an unintentional metaphor for how Lasseter (with Catmull and the Pixar brain trust) was going to save Disney animation. Remy = Lasseter, Gusteau = Walt Disney, Skinner = Eisner. Sure, thingd didn't COMPLETELY pan out that way - e.g.. the 2D unit ultimately being shuttered for the second time - but Tangled/WIR/Frozen have arguably "saved" WDAS to the point where they had two consecutive films get more praise than their year's respective PIXAR releases.Either way, even without that, I enjoy it immensely. I enjoyed it even BEFORE Ego's review. (My favorite moment is actually when Ego eats the ratatouille and has his flashback - little kid Ego sniffling with the injured knee and the mangled bike just makes me go AWWWWWWWW. It made me go AWWWWWWW when I was 19 and it makes me go AWWWWWWWWW when I'm 26-going-on-27.)

Hail Brad Bird :)
  • Like 1

Read my edit about the fact that I had a very similar knee injury from falling off my bike as a kid. I was floored when I realized Ego's was also on his left knee, in the same general area where MY scar is (albeit his covers basically his entire knee, mine didn't)I wish *I* had had some comfort food after that.

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 1

Read my edit about the fact that I had a very similar knee injury from falling off my bike as a kid. I was floored when I realized Ego's was also on his left knee, in the same general area where MY scar is (albeit his covers basically his entire knee, mine didn't)

Bird knows how to get to all of us.

Getting back on track, stuff like that is why Pixar has earned my trust and respect, and why I will always give their films a chance (as long as they're not Cars sequels - I don't hate Cars, I just "nothing" it. Hence why I've never seen Cars 2.)Other than that, if it's Pixar, I will see it in the theater.

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 2