AniNate

The Good Dinosaur | Peter Sohn | BR/DVD release 2-23-2016 | Pixar's first BO flop

I can't wait for the reviews, I have a deeply-rooted conviction : it can't be a bad movie, in any way!

I sort of have the same feeling about this. It seems like it has all the things I love about Pixar and there's no way they could screw it up. Heck, I already know it's going to be emotional because one little clip presumably near the beginning of the film caused me to well up

• Like 2

I would not be surprised if the RT-score will be in line with Cars' score. I think critics will begin to get tired of the Pixar-formula with this one. Two friends get lost and need to find their way back home.... Stupid... But Inside Out did it really really well. 

10 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

I would not be surprised if the RT-score will be in line with Cars' score. I think critics will begin to get tired of the Pixar-formula with this one. Two friends get lost and need to find their way back home.... Stupid... But Inside Out did it really really well. 

74% on RT?? Have you lost your mind?? o_o I see it in the 90%s

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

None of us have actually seen the film, so we're making guesses at this point anyway. 

26 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

giphy.gif

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Wonder what kind of 3D boost this might get. Pixar isn't known for particularly impressive 3D but this movie seems like it could really be enhanced by it.

That's funny, I was honestly just thinking how I'm totally going to see this one in 3D. In fact, haven't been this pumped for 3D since Gravity. 

4 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

Around 55% - 75% for me.

For RT score?

That would be astounding. Only two Pixar films are in or below that range: Cars 2 (39%), and Cars (74%). Even the much maligned Brave and Monsters University slot in at 78%. And in both cases, the critics were arguably too harsh.

Besides those four films, Pixar has actually only come in below 96% a whopping one time. A Bug's Life is at 92%.

Just going by track record, there's a considerably better chance of it being above 90% than it is below 75%.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, damienroc said:

For RT score?

That would be astounding. Only two Pixar films are in or below that range: Cars 2 (39%), and Cars (74%). Even the much maligned Brave and Monsters University slot in at 78%. And in both cases, the critics were arguably too harsh.

Besides those four films, Pixar has actually only come in below 96% a whopping one time. A Bug's Life is at 92%.

Just going by track record, there's a considerably better chance of it being above 90% than it is below 75%.

I hope you're right. ^^

15 hours ago, Amadeus said:

You sound like that so-called journalist who wrote "Pixar Fails At Body Positivity in Inside Out" without even watching the movie.